3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 28, 2011 10:07 AM by dtorissr

Dual Boot System

dtorissr

I have been having a problem setting up a dual boot system. I built a computer using an Intel motherboard DH67GD,

Intel i7 processor, 16 GB RAM, and Windows 7 Professional (64 bit) operating system. After installation I partitioned

my 1 TB SATA Western Digital HDD and left 350 GB to install Windows XP Professional (32 bit) on. My system does

not have a floppy disk drive stopping me from using the F6 function during Windows XP Professional installation.

The setup utility starts normally but always ends up giving the same error 0x0000007B (0xF78D2524, 0xC0000034,

0x00000000, 0x00000000). I found an article online "Install Windows XP on SATA without a Floppy (F6)" using nLite

freeware. Everything goes quite smooth until the window appears that says "Select multiple drivers in integrate" this is

where I draw a blank. Not sure what driver(s) to use or if I have the correct ones or even where to get them on the Intel

web site. I believe I should be looking for Intel 6 Series Chipset. Perusing the Intel site I have read articles outlining

RAID/SATA not sure if they are one in the same.

I know that Windows 7 Professional includes a Windows XP Mode utility, I would prefer to dual boot if it is possible.

Perhaps someone could offer help.

DToris

• 1. Re: Dual Boot System
          Boyet

I haven't tried dual booting XP and Windows 7 but from what I gathered from other forum sites the suggested procedure is to install XP first then Windows 7. Search  or google it.

• 2. Re: Dual Boot System
            jumancollion

just simply you install xp on drive c and when you finish it then install window 7 on drive D. thats it. now you can use xp and 7 at one pc. I am also using xp and 7 in my pc.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

| urdu translation servicesurdu translation services |

• 3. Re: Dual Boot System
              dtorissr

Thanks to all for helping. I was finally able to install Win XP Pro on a SATA drive and dual boot with Win 7 Pro. As to installing Win XP Pro on my SATA drive I had to install Win 7 Pro first because I didn't know how to find what chipset controller was used (Intel Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller).

There seemed be be no way of telling which chipset controller was used for my Intel MB (DH67GD) from the list of many at the Intel web site.

dtorissr