1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 13, 2011 2:25 AM by krumok

dh67cl boot problem

krumok

Hi, i bought an dh67cl mb, with i3-2130 and 2x4gb ddr3 kingston. I used an old sata2 hdd and I successfully install w7 64bit, all update and some program. Then after two days i receive a new sata3 hdd and i want to transfer the installation to the new hdd. I sucessfully copied the partition, but after the copy the pc doesn't start. I think the partition copy does not matter with the problem. I try to disconnect all sata cable from mb and all power from hdd, but i still have the problem. with only the two ram i see on screen for two second the intel logo (bottom right) with this text over:

bios settings (F2)

bios update (F7)

boot menu (F10)

EB

and then black screen.

i cannot go to the bios menu, the keyboard is working i can send ctrl+alt+del to reset.

i think the cpu is ok, i try with only one ram at time with no change.

any help?

thank you

Giulio

• 1. Re: dh67cl boot problem
          krumok

ok resolved,

the problem was the crt monitor.

for the installation i use an lcd monitor and i can see the bios menu and all.

after the installation i connect temporary an crt monitor and the system work (because i does not need to access the bios), but after the partition copy

the primary hdd was the sata3 and was inactive but i cannot see the message: "improper boot device...bla bla " cause the crt monitor and also i cannot see the bios menu.

as i connect the lcd monitor everythink works ok.

finally with this mb you can see the bios message and menu only with lcd monitor.

bye

Giulio