Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 3000 HDMI

idata
Employee

I have an Acer Aspire 5742 i5 480M (Windows 7 64bit) with Intel HD Graphics. My TV is a Bush 24" LED. For the last couple months I have been struggling to get the Notebook to output onto the TV and I'm at my wits end. I've updated to the latest Intel HD drivers and Windows is also up to date. When I connect my Notebook to the TV I get No signal on the TV and I if I go to screen resolution on the notebook and press detect it says 'Another display not detected'. I've tried changing the resolution lower to match the TV specifications but it still doesn't show up. The Intel graphics properties doesn't show any other display either. The only way I can output to TV is if I disable the display adapter and restart, even then the sound does not work on the TV and the resolution is low as well. Is there any fix for this or am I doing anything wrong?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Is the pc turned on with connect with projector, and is the tv enabled in the settings to accept these connections?

Give more detail on what you tried...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

TV is connected to notebook and settings are fine, whenever my xbox is connected the TV automatically recognises it.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I was having that problem. I think the trick is to have the TV turned on and set to the correct input and waiting when you boot up the computer. Otherwise the chip does not recognize that the HDMI cable is connected.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

On my Samsung TV LN40C500 I have to set the TV to the source to see it.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Probably this workaround may work for you

Control panel -> System -> Device Manager -> Display Adapter -> Right Click on The Intel HD Graphics -> Disable Device

Control panel -> System -> Device Manager -> Display Adapter -> Right Click on The Intel HD Graphics -> Enable Device

This starts up my HDMI connection for the HD 2000 chipset.

0 Kudos