1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 1, 2011 1:33 AM by fsofos

DP67BA Dolby Digital Live?

cmcasey79

Can the DP67BA do Dolby Digital Live?  I have seen conflicting information on which audio chip the board actually uses.  Some sites say its the ALC888 (which supposedly does Dolby Live), which other sites say its the ALC892 (which apparently doesn't do Dolby Live).  Can someone from Intel, or anyone who owns this board confirm whether or not it has the Dolby Digital Live option for audio (encoding 5.1 audio out to the optical port).

Thanks!

• 1. Re: DP67BA Dolby Digital Live?
          fsofos

I been using Intel Boards for bulding Media Center PC's for the last 4 years. One of the reasons choosing Intel Media Series Boards Boards was that they supported Dolby Digital Live Technologies. Series 4 (DG45ID-DG45FC-DP45SG), and Series 5 (DH57DD-DH57JG) were compatible with Dolby Digital Live, but none of the 6 Series boards, even if the audio codec might be compatible. Probably it is a matter of Licensing that Intel did want to pay Royalties to Dolby to continiue supporting Dolby Digital Live (Extra Cost to Manufacture).

Concluding i have now changed my preference to Gigabyte Motherboards like H67N-USB3-B3 and Z68MX-UD2H-B3 (for media center pcs) which support Dolby Home Theater v4.0 Technologies.