1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 1, 2011 12:49 AM by yf38

DG45ID eSATA not seeing all the drives in a drive enclosure. HELP!

qsoft@comcast.net

Ok… I have one that’s driving me crazy. I went from an AZUS board to a intel DG45ID. With the AZUS board, I have an esata port that recognizes my multi drive enclosure (4 2tb drives).

With the AZUS board, the two striped drives show up and the other two single drives show up as well… in other words, it worked fine.
      When I put in a new DG45ID, it only sees one drive and that’s it. Does anyone have any ideas on this? I’m stumped! I’ve tried changing the drive types in the cmos but nothing I do works.

Thanks in advance.

J

• 1. Re: DG45ID eSATA not seeing all the drives in a drive enclosure. HELP!
          yf38

Hi,

What you are asking for is known as "port muliplier" feature, which allows the visibility of multiple disk units thru a single e-sata connector.

Unfortunatly this is not (yet) managed by Intel RST software.

I have read somewhere here (from an unofficial Intel people) that maybe sometimes it will.

I dont know other driver for ICH10 capable of port multiplier.

With your Asus board e-sata was probably using an additional sata chip with this feature.

One workaround solution is to buy a PCIe 1X card with a chip known to have the feature such as Silicon Image.