1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 25, 2013 7:39 AM by matrix5000

DH61AG and video outputs issue

marcogi

Hello,

I am using, as software developer, a DH61AG motherboard to setup a linux based HTPC.

I arranged my Gentoo Linux based environment on top of this board. Main use of the system is video playback via hardware accelerations.

Everything looks to work pretty well, except some glitches related to video output ports.

The main issue I face is an hard lock up of the whole board (it looks so, I'm still investigationg on that on software side).

Here the use case.

• system starts with no video output connected to the MB (no HDMI, no digital DVI, no analog DVI).
      • linux boots up with no errors and xorg (GUI) does not start since it does not detect any video output device.
      • when I connect a monitor to HDMI, xorg starts correctly and everything works fine

If I try do connect and disconnect back and forth video outputs on HDMI or DVI connectors, sometimes MB completely freezes. No display output at all, ethernet network stops working and anything else looks freezed.

The main strange thing I see is that after a while (~1-2mins) the ethernet switch the MB is attached to stops working as well (other devices attached to such switch loose ethernet connection). As soon as I disconnect the network cable from DH61AG eth port, the ethernet switch promptly begins to work correctly again.

The only solution to such lock up situation is a power cycle or hard reset of the MB.

Is there anybody experienced similar problems (even with windows)?

Hardware configuration:

• Intel DH61AG motherboard (BIOS version AGH6110H.86A.0031.2011.0802.1111)
      • Intel Core i3-2100T @ 2.50GHz CPU
      • 2GB Kingstone 99U4342-003.A00G PC3-10600 SO-DIMM on Slot 0 (DDR3-1330)
      • 4GB Transcend Industrial CompactFlash on CF-to-SATA adapter as disk storage

Software configuration:

• Linux kernel 2.6.39-gentoo-r3, #8 SMP i686
      • libdrm-2.4.26
      • i915 v1.6.0 kernel module
      • X.Org X Server 1.10.2
      • xf86-video-intel-2.16.0
      • mesa-7.1
      • 3D acceleration enabled but not used

Thanks,

Marco