Because the SSD X25-M 120GB has worked properly for a few day's, I would first do the following:
1. 'Secure Erase' using the Intel SSD Toolbox 3.0.1,
2. If the Secure Erase completes without problems, define a partition on the SSD,
3. Format the defined partition,
4. Run a Toolbox 3.0.1 diagnostic scan on the SSD.
If you can not execute points 1 thru 4, contact Intel support for a possible RMA of your SSD.
hi, thank you for reply,
I can't use 'Secure Erase' from the toolbox. I'm being told all times :
"The selected drive is Security frozen and cannot run Secure Erase ..." .
- Unplug SATA cable and re-plug + click ok to next but nothing change: it said alway: " The selected drive is Security frozen and cannot run Secure Erase"
- Unplug SATA alim cable and re-plug: the SSD disappeared from system and the toolbox can't see it anymore. I need to reboot in order to see the SSD. and after rebooting, try secure erase: same problem.
Otherwise, when my computer can see the SSD, I can define a partition on it, format it and finish quick and full diagnostic scan without problems.
do you have any idea ?, thanks
edit : here is a news, I found out how to unlock security frozen : i have to change in bios from AHCI to IDE, after that, Secure erase went thru, no problem.
I did define a patition , format and full full diagnostic scan. no probleme.
I have also checked the SSD by HDtune pro and i've got this screen with reallocated sectors count in warning: Otherwise, intel toolbox tells me always that i have 0% health and 0% remaining life.
I had had to get my ssd out of frozen state and do erase secure for all. after that the SSD works better.