2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2011 12:04 PM by vegan

netbook with 3150 graphics

vegan

my netbook has a 3150 graphics attached to the N450 processor, not a problem

I am currently using the netbook as a desktop with a 19" screen (1440x900) and I was wondering how big of screen the 3150 can support

I was hoping that if I get a new screen that the chip can support 1920x1080 which is now very affordable

usually I use this screen with a gaming rig, which is down due to a motherboard RMA

so how far can the integrated video go?

• 1. Re: netbook with 3150 graphics
          Diego_Intel

Hello,

The Intel(R) video controllers will support any video resolutions within reason that are listed as natively supported on the EDID of the display you connect. However each computer or Original Equipment Manufacturer can limit the range of video resolutions for their systems.

Therefore in this case, we suggest you to check directly with your netbook manufacturer to see what is the highest resolution that they have tested on the video ports available on your system.

• 2. Re: netbook with 3150 graphics
            vegan

HP does not seems to have a forum unlike other vendors.

I am also disappointed that machine cannot support more than 2 GB of memory (I upgraded to 2 GB)