4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2011 6:26 PM by jsgddx

RS2WC040 Raid controller isn't start RAID BIOS console!!

jsgddx

Hi.

When I press Ctrl+G to start RAID BIOS mode, I can see just one cursor with black screen.

What can I do in this situation?

CPU : i5

Mainboard : ASUS P8Z68-V

SSD : Intel 310 series

Thanks for read

• 1. Re: RS2WC040 Raid controller isn't start RAID BIOS console!!
          john_s@intel

The RS2WC040 requires an available x8 or x16 PCI-Express* slot. I see the P8Z68-V has 2 x PCIe 2.0 x16 and
          1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (actually x4 mode). Are you using one of the x16 PCIe slots?

Have you upadated the P8Z68-V to the latest BIOS available to see if that helps?

Does the P8Z68-V display a splash screen during POST? If so, are you pressing <CTRL><G> to run BIOS Console at the right time?

Can you enter the P8Z68-V BIOS setup utility and does it have a screen that shows installed adapters?

Regards,

John

• 2. Re: RS2WC040 Raid controller isn't start RAID BIOS console!!
            jsgddx

IMG_0599.JPGThe RS2WC040 requires an available x8 or x16 PCI-Express* slot. I see the P8Z68-V has 2 x PCIe 2.0 x16 and
            1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (actually x4 mode). Are you using one of the x16 PCIe slots?

-> I tried to install to all of them... but didn't work at any slot.

Have you upadated the P8Z68-V to the latest BIOS available to see if that helps?

-> I updated today by your answer. but didn't work T.T
            (I think it become a graphic mode from text mode. but only can see one cursor)

Does the P8Z68-V display a splash screen during POST? If so, are you pressing <CTRL><G> to run BIOS Console at the right time?

-> Yes I can see Press CTRL+G message, and I think I did well....

Can you enter the P8Z68-V BIOS setup utility and does it have a screen that shows installed adapters?

-> I can enter P8Z68-V BIOS setup but couldn't find [installed adapters menu].
               I attach screenshot.

Thank you for your concern...
            but I still need some help.. what can I do for fix it? T.T

• 3. Re: RS2WC040 Raid controller isn't start RAID BIOS console!!
              john_s@intel

jsgddx,

The 4.14 BIOS your screenshot reports was used in two firmware releases. It was used in packages v20.2.1-0006 and v20.4.1-0009. The current firmware for the RS2WC040 available is v20.10.1-0020, so you're older than the current by several versions. I suggest updating the controller with the latest release here.

I apologize for not suggesting that earlier.

Regards,

John

• 4. Re: RS2WC040 Raid controller isn't start RAID BIOS console!!
                jsgddx

Wow!!

I can see RAID BIOS screen now!

Thank you for your help.