1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 21, 2011 11:00 AM by Thomas3087

Mobo cause of graphics driver crash??

Thomas3087

Hi folks,

Here is the issue: when I turn on my PC, it boots up and goes to desktop. Within a minute, there is a malfunction. The screen becomes 'funky' and then eventually goes black for a matter of seconds. Then it comes back to 'funky' but with a window telling me that the display driver has crashed and rebooted. It will continue this pattern of crashing and rebooting until I turn off the PC, rendering it impossible to use.

I tried booting in safe mode, uninstalling the graphics driver, rebooting in safe mode, then reinstalling the most recent graphics driver. This did not work. I also tried virus scanning, registry repair, both to no avail. I brought my PC to a repair shop. They told me a few days later that after various hardware combinations, they concluded that it was the motherboard causing this issue.

This problem started after a friend of mine accidentally downloaded spyware on the PC, which I immediately removed. This PC is less than 2 years old, custom built by myself, specs below. It has worked better than perfectly before this issue. What is going on here?

Someone help me? I need this PC up and running asap and I do not wish to go through the warranty process with intel.

-Tom

Intel i3 2.93 Dual core

Intel DH55TC mobo

4GB DDR3 10666 RAM

1TB SATA HD

512MB ATI Radeon HD 4750 PCIe

Dual 22" LCD by DVI input