1 2 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2013 10:16 AM by sylvia_intel

error code 27 on dp67bg

gazz496

HI i've had an intel dp67bg for several months now running kingston 1333 ram in the 2 blue dimm slots.

so my problem is the second blue dimm socket, if i use either of my ram sticks in that socket i get error code 27, if i use 1 in the first blue dimm socket i get no error and either of the black dimm sockets i get no error either.

i tested all my ram and some additional ram before putting it back in, i tested on a secondary machine for clarification on it's state and no errors were reported.

i tried it with brand new ram straight out of a packet and still the same code comes up on the second blue dimm socket.

right now i have my computer running with the two black sockets populated and no issues at all but i am concerned by that single socket not working as intended.

i completly stripped my computer down to nothing and made sure there was no metalic objects in contact with the motherboard.

i've reseated the ram countless times now, i've used a compressed air to blow out any foreign objects if any and still the problem is there.

i've not changed any hardware or made any changes recently either the problem literraly just happened when i came home from work and turned on my pc.

• 1. Re: error code 27 on dp67bg
          gazz496

so i still get some odd problems i've sort of resolved this issue but my computer still acts funny sometimes and bsod's memory managment or some other memory related issue.

what i've done since.

i purchased 8gb kit of ddr3 corsair vengance, this i tested on a seperate machine prior to use, using anti static environment i placed it into my motherboard and so far so good for the error code 27, however i just get other memory faults now.

i tested my old ram and it came up clean no faults, 23 passes per module.

i changed my power supply to a 850w cooler master silent pro gold.

i purchased a new graphics card.

i reinstalled windows 7 pro 64, i wasn't leaving anything to chance.

however i still continue to get odd bsod reports.

i'm at my wits end over this as i should not be having these stability issues, i don't overclock anything so i can count that out and i haven't oc'd my computer since i built it as there was no need.

i reinstalled to a brand new hdd hoping that would help as i figured why not but that didn't help either.

i am a proffesional system builder as well testing and builds are a normal daily routine for me, so any suggestions i am more than willing to try.

my issue seems to be with the memory but having changed it out 4 times now and the memory being tested seperatly to the system and coming up with no faults i can only assume it's either the cpu i7-2600 or the motherboard.

being only 6 months old i can always RMA the motherboard as it is unstable but i was hoping there was a solution i could use without having to send it away.

• 2. Re: error code 27 on dp67bg
            Greeno

If you're a "professional system builder" you should know that if you've tested and verified the DIMMs are ok elsewhere, should of the memory controller on the processor playing up you just need to RMA that board.

There isn't a solution for everything, sometimes things just fail.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: error code 27 on dp67bg
              gazz496

thanks, i knew it was going to come to that but i figured i would try as many options as i could before going to RMA.

it's a pain but there we go.

• 4. Re: error code 27 on dp67bg
                akarsh

the same prob with same mob and processor

any solution for this pls help meeeee

• 5. Re: error code 27 on dp67bg
                  sylvia_intel

Hello Akarsh,

For this kind of behavior, what we can recommend you is to try removing the CMOS battery and leave the system without it for about an hour. Then put it back on and restart the system.    http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-028780.htm?wapkw=clear+cmos+battery#datetime

Test the system out of the chassis, minimal configuration please. (Motherboard, processor, power supply and memory)

Can you test the system using another power supply or processor just for testing purposes?

Finally, make sure you have the latest BIOS version installed on your system.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&keyword=%22dp67bg%22&DownloadType=BIOS

If the behavior continues and if the motherboard is still under warranty please get in touch with our Warranty Department so they can help you to replace the unit:  http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport

Regards.

• 6. Re: error code 27 on dp67bg
                    akarsh

thanks for ur valuable information but the problem still presents

• 7. Re: error code 27 on dp67bg
                      sylvia_intel

Akarsh, could you please provide me your system configuration?

AA number and Serial number of the motherboard:

Processor model:

Memory manufacturer and part number:

Wattage and model of the power supply installed:

Model number of the PCI-e devices installed:

Current BIOS version of your motherboard:

Regards.

• 8. Re: error code 27 on dp67bg
                        akarsh

sl no-BQBG1210007X

AA#-  G10491-305

processor-intelcore i7 2700k

memory-zeppelin 4g/1333/2568

gpu-nvidia gt430

psu-

Coolmax 550W 120MM Silent Fan ATX Power Supply. JD-600-CA-550

thanks

• 9. Re: error code 27 on dp67bg
                          sylvia_intel

Akarsh, it looks like all the components are compatible.  Could you please provide me the current BIOS version?

• 10. Re: error code 27 on dp67bg
                            farpetrad

I won this board at work in a drawing this week and got around to putting the system together today.  As soon as I try to power on with ram in slots 1 and 2 (blue slots) I get error 27.  If I take the stick out of slot 2 I can get into the BIOS but thats it.  I tried with two different sets of dual channel ram and both have the same issue.  System setup is:

Coolermaster HAF 922 case

i7 2700k

Samsun Pro series 840 128gb ssd in sata 0

1B toshiba 7200 rpm hd in sata 1

8GB Cruicial Balistics BLS2KIT4G3D1609DS1S00 ( their site says its 100% compatible http://www.crucial.com/store/mpartspecs.aspx?mtbpoid=38EDF703A5CA7304 )

Nvidia Geforce Gtx 275 x2 ( also tried removing 1 )

BFG 650w psu

other set of ram I tried is Kingston KVR13333DS8N9 2GBx2

I also flashed the BIOS to the latest that is available.

• 11. Re: error code 27 on dp67bg
                              farpetrad

I went back and exchanged the ram hoping it was just a bad kit, however new ram still has same issue I get error 27.  If I put both sticks in 1 and 3 I can get it to show all 8gb, is that wrong that it would work like that and is that effectively running it in single channel?

• 12. Re: error code 27 on dp67bg
                                sylvia_intel

Farpetrad, thanks for all the information provided, but could you please provide me the current BIOS version?

• 13. Re: error code 27 on dp67bg
                                  farpetrad

Like I said I flashed to the latest bios available on your website.  BGP6710J.86A ver 2209 and the issue did not go away.  After googlinng the board and reviews on newegg I see that this board is just junk and almost everyone who has tried it had the same issue.  If this board was not free I would of been very upset so I went and purchased something that actually works.  Very sad that Intel can't even get their own hardware to a good quality.

• 14. Re: error code 27 on dp67bg
                                    sylvia_intel

Farpetrad;

If you prefer you can contact our Warranty Department so they can help you to replace the unit if it is still under warranty: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport

Regards.

1 2 Previous Next