Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Modular Server CM MFS5000SI - Link has been disconnected

idata
Employee

Hello,

i'm having trouble with a Intel Modular Server an Computing Module MFS5000SI.

In my IMS are 3 CI - and the optional Switch - each CI with an optional Mezzanine Card AXXGBIOMEZ.

Each CI is installed with MS Windows Server 2008R2 Enterprise. In the Windows-Eventlog, every 5 Minutes, i get the error:

Source: e1express - Event-ID 27

Intel(R) PRO/1000 PB Dual Port Server Connection Link has been disconnected.

and a second later:

Intel(R) PRO/1000 PB Dual Port Server Connection Link has been established: 1000Mbps.

I updated the drivers (16.6), set RSTP to off - but still the same.

The onboard "Pro/1000 EB Backplane" Nics are working fine, only the Nics on the Mezzanine Card reports the error.

Any Ideas ?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Are you seeing this error on all 3 compute modules? How are the NICs configured on each compute module? (each connecting to a different network, teaming, VLAN, etc.)

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

thanks for your reply.

yes, this error appears on all computing modules.

to find out what is causing the error, we removed the configuration on the Switches - so no team, no vlan, all in the same network.

The Nics are "straight through the switch"

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

anyone an idea?

i'm currently using driver version 9.14.180.0, but i'd also tested older drivers.

Or could this be an issue with the second switch module inside the IMS ?

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Did you swap the switch modules to test?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

can i swap the modules without losing the switch configuration?

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Good question... If I'm not wrong the switch configuration is on the switch itself... But I thought you said you have already removed all configurations on the switches?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes, for testing proposes i'd set the switch to default, but this did not solve my problem, so i reconfigured the switch.

0 Kudos
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

Since you're using two switches, try disabling the switch interconnect - From the CMM GUI, choose System | Switches | Advanced Configuration

Mouse over any port and choose Port Configuration

Select Port | 10G.XC | Admin Status | Down

and Port | 10G.SC | Admin Status | Down
0 Kudos