2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2011 3:34 PM by Malicious2u

DP67BG bios beeps for memory in slot 1 and 2, works ok for slots 3,4

sergeb

Hi, I was trying to populate all memory slots with a 1600 memory and had found that putting the ram in slot 1 or 2 (blue) cause bios to beep three times and refuse to boot. Same memory put in slots 3 nd 4 (black) works ok. I used Corsair  Vegeance 4G 1600Mh 1.5V 9-9-9-24.

I thought that I got wrong memory and actually boght a couple of another, carefully checking for specs: noecc, spdr, 1.5v, 1600 (patriot PSD38G).  Same story.

Any idea what it could be caused by? For me it sounds like a motherboard issue. Could it be bios? I guess I could lieve with just 8G of memory . But would be nice to figure out the rest.

• 1. Re: DP67BG bios beeps for memory in slot 1 and 2, works ok for slots 3,4
          sergeb

just had found that bank 2 also works. so, i have memory in 2,3,4, but not in 1. the latter does not work.

• 2. Re: DP67BG bios beeps for memory in slot 1 and 2, works ok for slots 3,4
            Malicious2u

Not sure if this is related. I have the DP67BGB3 mobo and have been running gskill 1600 16g (4gx4) never had a single issue even running stable at 4.5ghz without a sweat. the bios I was running was revision 2040. I just updates to the revision 2076 and it has literally been hell. 3 long beeps. constantly. can not over clock at all without shutting down. just reflashed back to the revision 2040 and my memory is back to the normal and running at 1600mhz. with revision 2076 I could only see the 1333 from memory if and when it decided not to give me 3 beeps of death... try that out and see if it helps.. The only reason I was updating bios was the added activation 3.0 for windows 8 ... let me know if that works if you are running the latest bios. if so then Intel needs to look into this)