Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Will It Run Skyrim? - Intel HD 3000

idata
Employee

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me I can run skyrim even on LOW Settings?

ive had the pleasure of playing many titles this year without having the need for a dedicated card in my laptop and I thank you guys for that.

but will it run skyrim?

CPU: Core i5 2410m

RAM: 6GB

GPU: Intel HD 3000

0 Kudos
19 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Hi there!

The game has not been tested yet, I will pass this comment to the appropriate support group. Thank you for your feedback.

Thanks

Allan.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I got it this morning on my Macbook Pro 13" (bootcamp). It runs well on all settings low 800x600, with a tweaked SkyrimPrefs.ini to turn vsync off (as well as a few other things to make it run better). Also I turned the textures up to medium with almsot no performance hit. Runs about 40 fps most of the time, occasionally dips down to 25... but it's perfectly playable. In short, yes it will run.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you, yea I noticed this too. i put everything on medium 800 x 600 and it runs nicely. would be nice to get a higher resoluton but it will do. having a blast with this game. Driver updates and updates to the game itself should really help

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Yes, Skyrim will play just fine on Intel HD 3000. Be sure to have the latest graphics driver for your system available http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Processor+graphics&ProductProduct=2nd+Generation+Intel%c2%ae+Core%e2%84%a2+Processors+with+Intel%c2%ae+HD+Graphics+3000/2000 here and you will be good to go.

0 Kudos
VNiel
Beginner

What resolution do you have as max? I have been and I will advice forward to you, play the game in the native resolution. if you get 40fps in 800 by 600 than 13xx by 6xx will also work with low settings.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx

So far it looks like Intel is not getting support for the new games coming out, but it can run out dated and much older games

(In other words the games that look cool to play Intel HD cant or will not support them)

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Im sorry but that site is a TERRIBLE site to use. they dont even have intel HD card listed on that site so it will always tell you that you cant run anything.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

You know its sad when a 6yo Ps3 plays a game better than a video card that just came out last year.

Why is that?

Why does Intel say their Intel HD is cutting edge, made for new games but yet has not gotten support for the newer games... AMD, ATI, Nvidia all have support for the new games coming out yet Intel HD, can only play last years models, no support for newer games, and Admins telling you to call the developers to get support. I bought the card, and feel left in the dark cause now I have to do Intels job of getting support for their product... I feel Intel dropped the ball, Their advertising say one thing yet their Admins do nothing say nothing, and of course nothing is still supported, drivers are barely working... wait is Intel still open or is Intel staff all x-mas shopping? (bet they know not to buy computers with Intel HD graphics on-board)...

0 Kudos
VNiel
Beginner

Intel's gpu is made for mainstream (so they say...) but their are entry gpu. Their gpu can't be compared to nvidia or amd; the gpu is only entry (very entry, especially HD2000) and the drivers are not the best. Nvidia is know to have the best drivers for games.

I think intel should stop with their gpu or make better drivers and better gpu so that they last longer and really are mainstream gpu. I understand that you're angry and you have all the right.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I will agree with you on the drivers update thing. Intel lists that bad company 2 is playable on their gaming list yet in multiplayer I cant even have a constant 30FPS. lots of stuttering. its a decent entry level gpu but I personally can't wait until I build my own computer in the next couple of months. Nvidia here I come!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I wasted too much $$ on this laptop with Intel HD, with the promise of their advertising of playing mainstream games (if I wanted to play 2 year old games I would have bought a cheaper system)...on this new great on-board that boasts no need to upgrade this video graphics ( ROFL ), and the way they built this laptop, you can't... Has good speed and memory 2.6ghz and 6gb ram but when they had the bright idea of installing this on-board Intel HD, thats where they screwed up as they made it useless... and the driver... well we wait for new ones, and its been a while.... but not to worry when they do come out with them, I'm sure it will make our systems crash....

But I'm with BBD23 in the next few months I will also build a system... and with the bad taste of Intel in my mouth. I will probably build an AMD system with nvidia graphics... Intel has showed me that they just want your money, they don't have support for their hardware... their drivers are laughable... I used to like Intel CPU's but since this, It had just left such a bad taste in my mouth its not even funny.

Tell you friends your family to stay away from Intel until they start supporting their products... ( feel sorry for the people that bought these computers for their kids for x-mas, cause they are useless to play new games )...

Its sad when the Admins tell you to call the developers of the games to get support.. Isn't their someone that works for Intel, that does that?

If Intel pays me their salary sure I'll make the calls, but WTF are they thinking, these video graphics should come with support... with the NEW games...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Which of their advertisements/videos/articals gave you the impression that HD 3000 will play the latest games? I bought my 3pound laptop with HD3000 well knowing that the only games I was going to be playing were older then <2008. I refuse to play less then 1024 x 1280 resolution.

Intel gives me better battery life and portablitly, thats exactly what I wanted this time around.

Oviously the next intergrated graphics soulution from Intel (Ivy Bridge) coming next year(2012) will be a true low/mainsteam gaming option, so give intel a bit more time to ramp things up next time around.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yea, looks like from that video that Skyrim should NOT be put on intel's game compatibility list. A game should keep at least 30FPS at all times.

In the "Did you find this information to be helpful?" box I sent a request to set a standard for the word "Playable". 800x600 with low settings is fine but they need to say that.

It looks like skyrim uses highly complex 3D models with lots of texture(complex wireframes) compared to Intel's video demo of what the chip can do. I think that intel's demo video is 100% accurate, look at all the games, they all have very flat models and are cartoony. Cartooy games are much easier for intel's HD3000 to handle, or for any chip.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I do agree that they have to do better in describing what is playable to them. I bought bad company 2 as I said it is not a constant 30fps on low. Dont know why its on the list. seems like 10 bucks kind of wasted.

And yes I do agree with your textures comment.

Ah well, at least I can somewhat experience skyrim

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Intel® HD Graphics enables superior mainstream gaming and 3D experiences - without the need for a discrete graphics card.(their quote)

Well to play even the 2 year old games it looks like any computer with Intel HD needs a discrete card, for them to advertise that this POS Intel HD can do it alone is complete B.S.

Why have a computer with 2.6ghz, 6gb ram and a Intel HD with out a discrete card in it, it does great for surfing the web, but lacks in everything else cause of the video graphics, and the drivers for thats just laughable... Support for the Intel HD.... I get cramps from laughing this hard... Admins here actually reading the posts and replying... on God the laughter is killing me....

The one I thought was the best was, when Intel admin told me to call the game developers and get support for their Intel HD, Now you would think when this product came out, or was in the begining of production that support with game manufacturers, that support would be there for the end user... Well its not...

Yes Intel first gives false advertising, then gives no support... then thinks the end user should do the work for them... Well guess what Intel since I can only surf the web, I guess I'm stuck at this forum, telling people how bad this Intel HD card is... You sure made it impossible to play games with this card... even with the false advertising... can't back up what you preach ...

When I want to play a game now, looks like I'll be using my Ps3 only cause its 6years old and still does a way better job then your cutting edge Intel HD graphics card that does not need a discrete graphics card, (roflmao)...

I think they should just stick with building CPU's or buy nvidia... cause they can't build video cards by themselves, much less write drivers...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

We've developed a unique tech for FPS improvement, especially for Skyrim on Intel HD 3000 - you can get literally hundreds percent of acceleration - check it out (we are at # 7 in Top Files on the Nexus, and # 2 in File of the Month category):

HiAlgoBoost FPS Performance Accelerator 2 :

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/15123 http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/15123

0 Kudos