Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20599 Discussions

Problem with HD 3000 with dual-display (monitor/TV) when changing TV input

idata
Employee

I'm using a Dell 24'' monitor as primary display (connected via DVI) and a 42'' TV as secondary display (connected via HDMI), both support 1920x1080. I want to use clone view and everything is basically set up fine, the screen is on both displays as it should.

However, if I change the input of the TV away from the HDMI, for example to watch TV instead of the PC video, the primary monitor starts flickering (every 5 seconds the screen goes black for about 1-2 seconds). It is as if the graphic driver notices the "lost" signal and is trying to relocate it. If it did once or twice it would be OK, but it doesn't stop until I switch back to the HDMI input, turn off the TV or disable the secondary display from the display settings.

I never had this problem with my old PC (also Win7, same cables and devices) using a discrete graphics card (ATI), so I think it's a driver problem of the integrated GPU. The same problem occurs when using extended mode or switching primary and secondary displays.

MB: MSI Z68A-GD65-G3 (VGA, DVI, HDMI video out)

CPU: i5-2500K

GFX: only iGPU

0 Kudos
12 Replies
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Hello,

We have just tested the latest generic drivers for this video controller and no similar issues have been seen or reported.

You may like to try testing your system with those generic drivers and see if the issue persists. They are posted here:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Processor+graphics&ProductProduct=2nd+Generation+Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2%84%A2+Processors+with+Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics+3000/2000&ProdId=3319&LineId=3310&FamilyId=39 http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Processor+graphics&ProductProduct=2nd+Generation+Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2%84%A2+Processors+with+Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics+3000/2000&ProdId=3319&LineId=3310&FamilyId=39

Also try updating the BIOS of your computer which should update the video BIOS of your motherboard.

In the other hand, keep in mind that your computer manufacturer or motherboard manufacturer provides customized drivers for their products, therefore, if the issue persists, test using the latest driver provided by MSI and check with them directly for further troubleshooting assistance.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

This is untrue, I can reproduce this on my setup. I have my monitor plugged in through DVI, and my TV through HDMI. If I change the source on my TV then the monitor will continue to flicker on and off until I switch it back. So I would have to say that this is an issue. Please go back and test again.

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Hello,

If this issue happens either using the drivers on our site , even with the previous version posted there (generic ones) and also with the drivers provided by your computer/motherboard manufacturer (customized drivers) then the issue would be related to your own system configuration.

At this point I suggest you to pursue for additional troubleshooting directly from your motherboard manufacturer.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

this problem happens only when using the Intel drivers, if I use generic drivers I do not have this issue. So again this is something that is happening with Intel provided drivers only.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Intel, problem is in your's drivers, do not kick your's customers out, just do your work - test dual digital monitor configuration. How can we use older drivers if there is BSOD in it on connecting digital monitor, fixed only in last release? All drivers from motherboard manufacturers are old and have this BSOD.

TESTs:

1. It is simple - take two HDMI projectors and insert one to HDMI, another to DVI through DVI-to-HDMI converter. You will see black blanking screen on both projectors!

2. Take another discrete VGA card and insert it to motherboard, insert two digitall monitors to it. Take one HDMI projector and insert it to integrated HD3000 port. After than try to move projector's screen in resollution and placement settings from left up corner of two monitors to right up corner, press apply, and see black blanking screen. And don't say what it is not your problem - working two video cards have to be guaranted for WHQL, or intel is a start level chineese company, and all hardware is provided AS-IS :-)?

Shame on you, Intel, you preffer to blame another one, instead of improving quality of your product! I am a programmer and system administrator and do all neccessary test to confirm, that problem is in yours drivers with DUAL DIGITAL displays. My hardware is ASUS P8H67-V motherboard with last BIOS and your's driver, CPU is i7-2600. I have three such pc's and all have same problem.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The new Intel quality at its best, rofl

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

New driver 15.22.52.64.2559, all problems here = no fixes. No answer from Intel - nice tactics.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

These drivers have a serious problem with external display. I have an Asus UX31 with microHDMI and want to connect it through DVI (with HDCP) with my BenQ BL2400 LED Display. If the Asus boots everything is fine, but when entering Windows7 the monitor has no signal. If you install the newest driver

15.22.52.64.2559 then the external display works (dual display) but after rebooting: no signal again.

Intel: Please fix this driver now !

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

It's nice how they have now stopped responding to this post. Intel, have some honor and tell us what you are attempting to do to fix this issue, if you are doing anything at all....SMDH.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Exactly the same problem here, also ASUS UX31 and BENQ BL2400. Neither micro HDMI > DVI nor micro HDMI > DP works after rebooting.

0 Kudos
Apere36
Beginner

I have a problem with the resolution of 3000 intel hd graphics on a LG 32LC2R "32" 1080i 60hz screen with 1633x768 native resolution. I have the latest drivers 9.17.10.3347 (windows 7 64) but the screen does not fit and I can not see the bar or desktop icons on the left or right. Now I have a 1280x720 resolution and 720x480 windows recommends. The cable I use is hdmi. The screen is black with vga output and have not been solved.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi registrensen,

Based on the information you have provided, I recommend you as another troubleshooting step, to update the bios in your system and the Management Engine provided by the computer manufacture.

It is also important to say also that you have to open the Intel Graphics and Media Control panel and change the settings with the software and it is also important to play with the options from your TV.

0 Kudos