12 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2014 7:17 AM by kevin_intel

Problem with HD 3000 with dual-display (monitor/TV) when changing TV input

sackville

I'm using a Dell 24'' monitor as primary display (connected via DVI) and a 42'' TV as secondary display (connected via HDMI), both support 1920x1080. I want to use clone view and everything is basically set up fine, the screen is on both displays as it should.

However, if I change the input of the TV away from the HDMI, for example to watch TV instead of the PC video, the primary monitor starts flickering (every 5 seconds the screen goes black for about 1-2 seconds). It is as if the graphic driver notices the "lost" signal and is trying to relocate it. If it did once or twice it would be OK, but it doesn't stop until I switch back to the HDMI input, turn off the TV or disable the secondary display from the display settings.

I never had this problem with my old PC (also Win7, same cables and devices) using a discrete graphics card (ATI), so I think it's a driver problem of the integrated GPU. The same problem occurs when using extended mode or switching primary and secondary displays.

MB: MSI Z68A-GD65-G3 (VGA, DVI, HDMI video out)

CPU: i5-2500K

GFX: only iGPU