2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2011 9:04 PM by roggy

D865GLC BIOS Update Assistance Please

roggy

I have a D865GLC board currently with BIOS P13 on it.  I was initially having problems getting the onboard audio driver to work correctly (after fresh install of xp SP2).  It seemed like the mb wasn't recognizing the audio.  I noticed there was a more updated version of the BIOS available, P25.  Problem is, no matter what method I use to try and update the BIOS, nothing happens.  Has anyone seen this before?  Ideas?

Thanks!

Message was edited by: roggy (fixed board model)

• 1. Re: D865GCL BIOS Update Assistance Please
          Flying_Kiwi

roggy wrote:

Problem is, no matter what method I use to try and update the BIOS, nothing happens.  Has anyone seen this before?

I've never seen 'nothing' happen but I have seen BIOS updates refuse to take, Is it an OEM board? What is the BIOS identifier string and precisely what does happen / what is displayed? FWIW I don't think a BIOS update would be necessary to get sound working - especially if it was fine before.

• 2. Re: D865GLC BIOS Update Assistance Please
            roggy

Thx for your time Kiwi.  Sorry for the delayed response.  I took a few needed days off from the frustration.  I even wrote the board model incorrectly in my original post...

The board is an intel.

Win xp Home SP2

Current BIOS is BF86510A.15A.0066.P13

Trying to upgrade to BF86510A.86A.0077.P25

I have tried all three methods available.

EB (express):  program loads, unpacks files, screen warns that computer will restart on its own.  After I hit Ok, takes about 5 seconds for win xp to start reboot.  Windows loads and says update was unsuccessful.  Check of BIOS version on next reboot shows P13.

IB (Iflash):  I can load the DOS based BIOS upgrade program (USB bootable flash drive). Go through the screens until the one comes up that says something like BIO image is loaded, I can select "Continue Programming" but once that screen comes up, I can't even really tab to get anywhere on it.  System basically freezes on this screen.  I have left the computer go for hours.  Stays on same screen.  Have to turn off to reboot.  Still P13.

Recovery:  I remove the BIOS config jumper. Insert a USB (non-bootable) flash drive with only the .BIO file on it.  Turn comp on.  Lights come on harddrive but nothing loads.  Nothing happens.  Blank screen.  left for hours.  Have to turn off to reboot.  BIOS still P13.

Thanks.