3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2011 3:02 PM by awk

How to create RAID with Intel Rapid Storage Technology 10.6.0.1002 on ICH9R with 3TB disks

melgoth

Hello!

I'm using Win 7 64 bit professionel on a gigabyte mainboard GA-X48-DQ6 with North Bridge: Intel® X48 , South Bridge: Intel® ICH9R Chipset. The bios has included the Intel Matrix Storage Manager ROM V8.9.1.1002 ICH10R/00 wRAID5. Intel Rapid Storage Technology Manager 10.6.0.1002 is installed!

I have 6 x WD30EZRX disks. All of them have 3TB capacity.

The SATA mode is RAID configured. I know the bios ROM storage Manager doesn't support 3 TB disks. Inside the configuration there are only ~ 760GB per disk visible.

But the 'Intel Rapid Storage Technology Manager 10.6.0.1002' in Windows 7 shows  in the 'Storage System View' all disks with ~3TB (2,7TB). I can view and access every disk.

Problem:

I can't create any RAID system inside the Software Mangager. I can see model number, serial number, firmware and so on, but no menu where I can create a software RAID.

So please how can I create a software RAID? I can not find any menu or popup with this option?

Thanks for every answer.