1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 3, 2011 9:59 AM by Diego_Intel RSS

Need Intel(R) ICH7 Family LPC Interface Controller - 27B8 Windows XP Driver

CatDogFish Community Member
Currently Being Moderated

I have an Unkown driver on my PC with the name Intel(R) ICH7 Family LPC Interface Controller - 27B8 in its properties as its loction. I have tryed installing the Intel chipset but that have not seem to fix it nor has googling Intel(R) ICH7 Family LPC Interface Controller - 27B8 driver and downloading the driver that I found has been able to fix it. So I'm unsure what to do? Does anyone know how to fix this?

• 1. Re: Need Intel(R) ICH7 Family LPC Interface Controller - 27B8 Windows XP Driver
    Diego_Intel Community Member
    Currently Being Moderated

Hello,

These controller drivers are provided directly to the operating system developer so the operating system natively recognizes and configures them when the operating system is installed.

As a matter of fact we do not provide any chipset driver updates. The Intel(R) Chipset Software Installation Utility is just a set of dll files for the operating system to properly name the hardware on your system, but this is not a driver.

In this particular case, your system may be using a device connected to that interface, or a piece of hardware is not properly recognize. So, we suggest you to check directly with your motherboard manufacturer or Original Equipment Manufacturer in case you have a laptop or wholesale desktop computer and check with them if all devices on the system are working properly and if all drivers required (which they need to provide) are properly loaded.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points