1 2 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2012 12:49 AM by JuliaRoyee

DH67BL fails to reboot after using the computer for some time

srl3g

dh67blb3 motherboard doesnot give any video output when i restart the computer after using it for some time(30min approx.) . If i want to boot up my system i must have to turn off my system and remove power to it for some time(10 min or more) and then power it up.

configuration

intel core i5 2400 processor

4gb ddr3 ram

1tb seagate hdd

no graphics card (use dvi port to connect monitor)

Please tell me how to solve this issue

• 1. Re: DH67BL fails to reboot after using the computer for some time
          Flying_Kiwi

I have a computer that behaves exactly the same and it's due to the fact that the Power Supply behaves a little differently by outputing slightly different voltages or having different timings when warm. If I leave the side cover off this PC and things run cooler then the problem doesn't occur. Reinstall the side cover and I'm back to doing what you do in order to get it working. Although the fans will start up when hot, the PC won't boot and it remains in a zombie like state - my contribution for Haloween  If I replace the PSU with another one of a different make and model, the problem goes away.

Have you another PSU that you can swap in for testing purposes? How is the cooling on this PC (plenty of dust free fans and good circulation)?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: DH67BL fails to reboot after using the computer for some time
            srl3g

Thanks fpr the reply.

I will try replacing the PSU as i have 1 yr warranty for the psu.

• 3. Re: DH67BL fails to reboot after using the computer for some time
              srl3g

I tried replacing the psu but after some time of usage the computer doesnot restart or it will not startup.

But I found one thing. When the computer is hot and if i want to start it i must first set the bios jumper to configuration mode and the start the computer and then turn it off and then set the bios jumper to normal position and the start it. Now the computer will turn ON.

• 4. Re: DH67BL fails to reboot after using the computer for some time
                Flying_Kiwi

srl3g wrote:

I tried replacing the psu but after some time of usage the computer doesnot restart or it will not startup.

This implies an overheating problem may be present then. Make sure you have decent air circulation and all your fans are clean and working as they should and the CPU fan is correctly attached. Was this PC designed and built from scratch by a shop or OEM or home built? Was the tech specs manual consulted re thermal considerations if home built - what case are you using and with what fans (on blow or suck mode)?

What is Intel Desktop Utilities saying about your temperatures and even the system generally?

• 5. Re: DH67BL fails to reboot after using the computer for some time
                  srl3g

Snap 2011-11-02 at 17.42.33.png

Snap 2011-11-02 at 17.43.02.png

Snap 2011-11-02 at 17.43.21.png

The fan installed in the smps and pc chasis is of blow type. The fan installed in the processor is one that was provided by intel along with processor.

PC was assembled in a shop and the specifications were given by me. The salesman choosed a suitable chasis and PSU for the configuration given by me.

• 6. Re: DH67BL fails to reboot after using the computer for some time
                    srl3g

screenshots were taken after 1hr of normal usage. When i restarted the pc at this stage the computer didnot turned on.

• 7. Re: DH67BL fails to reboot after using the computer for some time
                      JuliaJohnMicheal

I also use it but there is no problem. I run a computer lab but this problem never comes.

I think you check other things of the computer......

Message was edited by: Community Admin

• 8. Re: DH67BL fails to reboot after using the computer for some time
                        srl3g

When I use the computer for some time the region near cmos battery including the battery get heated up. I have tried changing the cmos battery. Is this normal?  The other components in the motherboard which get heated up have a heat sink attached to it.

• 9. Re: DH67BL fails to reboot after using the computer for some time
                          Flying_Kiwi

Just because the ordinary running voltages are within limits does not mean that the starting voltages (and timings / other startup characteristics etc) match the boards requirements. My PSU on the the computer I had such problems with behaved the same - ie voltages were all close to target and stable when up and running but an entirely different make and model of PSU did make a difference (the old one didn't have the problem at all).

Was the PSU that you had the original replaced with, the same make and model or something entirely different? Sorry I can't answer your question about the 'hot spot' as I don't have one of those boards. One other thing you could try (short of an entirely different PSU - if that's not already the case), is to upgrade the BIOS. Be aware that you'll need to ensure all unnecessary hardware is unplugged when you do this and disable your antivirus software during the process. There seems to be a few people with add-on graphics cards who've had BIOS upgrade problems with similar boards to yours so it's great you have no add-on graphics card! You could also check that the memory is on the 'approved' list as even though it may not be giving obvious memory related errors, some of these new Intel boards can be very picky when it comes to memory and just 'within specs' isn't enough. The same motherboard I had the startup/PSU related problems with, was also very picky about memory and 'within spec' memory of a 'non-approved' make and model did cause problems (different to yours admittedly) which 'approved' ram solved. Unfortunately Intels list currently only has a single ram module for that board but perhaps discussing the issue with your memory supplier may get results if the above ideas don't fix things.

• 10. Re: DH67BL fails to reboot after using the computer for some time
                            srl3g

my old psu was iball and now i have replaced with a beetel psu. Both of them are 450w psu.

• 11. Re: DH67BL fails to reboot after using the computer for some time
                              JuliaJohnMicheal

Thanks SRL3G for your suggestion Now I will try it. May be may problem resolve.

Message was edited by: Community Admin. Removed T&C Violation

• 12. Re: DH67BL fails to reboot after using the computer for some time
                                Flying_Kiwi

srl3g wrote:

my old psu was iball and now i have replaced with a beetel psu. Both of them are 450w psu.

So just to be clear, that did NOT fix the problem and they are different PSUs that look different and aren't just badge engineered with different labels only? I tried to find the PSU specs but couldn't on the websites so I trust they are to spec (even though the total wattage should be sufficient with MOST 450 Watt PSUs, these things vary considerably and some makers are better at specifying their PSUs fairly than others). If that's the case, then the BIOS upgrade suggestion is still worth trying and if that doesn't fix it then I'd suggest you get in touch with your supplier and ask them to look at it. If I wanted to sort this out I'd probably be trialling different memory (at a long shot) or even a totally different PSU again (again a long shot) but again, I think it should be up to the shop to sort things out - especially at that stage as the obvious things have already been tried.

• 13. Re: DH67BL fails to reboot after using the computer for some time
                                  Flying_Kiwi

JuliaJohnMicheal wrote:

Thanks SRL3G for your suggestion Now I will try it. May be may problem resolve.

Be careful - I don't know if this fixed it (yet) and I suspect NOT! (Although in fairness I'd not heard of either of those Indian PSU brands before).

• 14. Re: DH67BL fails to reboot after using the computer for some time
                                    srl3g

BIOS upgrade will not solve the problem. I was using 0125 version bios before and at that time also i was facing this problem. Currently i am using 0119 version bios.

I have contacted the supplier and he told that the motherboard is having the problem and he told that he will give me a new motherboard.

When I get the new motherboard I will post whether it solved the issu or not

1 2 Previous Next