Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Why wont this card work with this system?

idata
Employee

-SYSTEM-

Intel® System Identification Utility 0071 7906 reference number

-Graphics Card-

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102874 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102874

Heres the issue. Updated computer from windows XP to windows 7(clean install, reformatted hard drive). The card will still boot up and the display will still work. Cannot load drivers or CCC onto computer with windows 7. In device manager the card doesn't even show up in windows 7. The card is working but not being detected at the same time in windows 7.

Pretty sure its some sort of compatibilty issue with windows 7 or some bios setting messed up.

Reasons why I think this..

Windows XP- Card worked flawlessly -drivers installed and CCC worked right after installation. Only issue was I had to enable these settings in bios under pcie configuration; pcie x16 link retrain, link stability algorithm and compliance test pattern. Also under another tab changed primary video adapator to PCI-e(peg).

Windows 7- When loading the cataylst drivers it does install process but never installs drivers or CCC because its not recognizing the device. Device does not show up in device manager but card will still work for display. In device manager I get an error Intel(R) 915G/P/GV/GL/PL/910GE/GL PCI Express Root Port - 2581. When I click details it says something about code 35(I can't post exact message because i'm not using the card right now)

Card has been tested in two other computers and works just fine

PCI-e slot is good because I can enable and disable in bios and was working just fine with windows xp.

There is a slight possiblity my bios settings are messed up but pretty much ruled that out after trying every setting imaginable. Only thing I can think of is there is a special combination of settings in bios that will make the card work right. But like I said I tried pretty much every combo possible. (ive been trying to fix this for 3 days straight) Went back and forth with sapphire support(video card support) about 25 emails and their only conclusion was compatibility issue with windows 7 which I was thinking also.Anyway.. This is my last attempt to get help before just buying a new mobo/cpu combo because I'm pretty sure my current setup is not fully windows 7 compatible. If I need to replace cpu/mobo its not a big deal because this setup needs updated anyway but it would be nice if I could fix this because I don't want to spend the money right now.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Talked to support.. verdict isompatibility issue with windows 7. I give up, been messing with this for 3 days. Time to go buy new mobo/cpu. Bye!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

no

0 Kudos