5 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2012 6:10 PM by Webster Computers

DH67BLB3 Hangs at RAID Screen

tomha

Whatever i tried when setting up the IDE Controller to RAID Mode i can access the Intel Rapid Storage Option Rom and setup a raid array, but when trying to boot it hangs at the "RAID screen".

Intel DH67BLB3

2x2 GB Kingston KHX1333C9D3B1K2 (already tried different Modules)

Intel Core i3-2105

2x WD5002AALX

Bios: 125, already reflashed

In Bios setup there are no options to set the Boot device. I tried to configure Harddisk delay but that didn´t help

By the way: fastboot is very painful, since you have to change the bios jumper configuration every time you want to access the bios!

Any forther hints?

Thanks in advance

Thomas Hajek

• 1. Re: DH67BLB3 Hangs at RAID Screen
          Salem_Intel

Hi,

If the system hangs on the Ctrl-I RAID option ROM, does it also freeze in BIOS?  If it does, I'd recommend the following:

1. Clear the CMOS as outlined here:

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-028780.htm?wapkw=ALL%28AMT%29+EXACT%28Integrator+Assistant%29#noboot

Note: Make sure you leave the battery out for 20 min., at least.

2. Once you do the clearing of the CMOS, reboot the system into BIOS and proceeed as follows:

2.1. Press <F9> to restore BIOS default settings.

2.2. Reset any customized BIOS settings.

2.3. Clear all DMI event logs by setting the option to "Enable", which is located in the Advanced/Event Log Configuration section of the BIOS Setup utility.

2.4. Press <F10> to save the new settings and reboot the system.

• 2. Re: DH67BLB3 Hangs at RAID Screen
            tomha

I already tried to clear the cmos. I reflashed the bios in bios recovery mode to v125 too but it still hangs at the Rapid Storage Optin Rom screen.

The board never hangs in the Bios. When the SATA Controller mode is set to raid on boot there is the RST screen shown. Ctrl-I is possible to access the RAID configuration utility. When not pressing Ctrl-I the RST Screen flashes one time and then a blinking corsor stays under the Press Ctrl-I.... message and the board does not accept any keyboard input.

When setting the Sata mode to AHCI the boerd boots and operates normally

• 3. Re: DH67BLB3 Hangs at RAID Screen
              tomha

I did some further Tests:

Cleared the Cmos once again

reflashed the bios

Tried other memory

tried different harddisks

tried 3 different PSU´s

and then:

i changed the Mainboard without any success

Still the boot sequence hangs at the RST Option Rom Screen

I built approx. 20 PC´s with DQ67TM Mainboards and identical other components(Mem, PSU, HDD) without any problem.

But two DH67BL won´t boot in RAID configuration, bat are working without any problems in AHCI Mode. I went to a customer which purchased a PC with DH67BL Mobo and single HDD in AHCI Mode from me 3 weeks ago. I set the Sata controller to RAID mode and the system hangs at the boot.

Intel live chat support told me to get the mainboard replaced from my distributor, but i am in doubt this will solve my problem, since three DH67BL Boards show the same symptoms.

• 4. Re: DH67BLB3 Hangs at RAID Screen
                tomha

I finally solved the problem:

The board was connected to the monitor using a DVI to VGA adapter. I noticed thet even if Fast Boot was disabled in Bios there was no Boot Logo, only a blinking cursur on the top left corner till the Lan Boot Rom or the RST option Rom Screen were displayed.

I connected the nonitor via DVI Cable and the boot logo showed up the board di´d not hang at the RST screen anymore.

With this finding i selected "DVI-I (Blue) Analog" as IGD Primary Video Port and None as Secondary Video Port.

From this point on, the board boots up with VGA cable and DVI to VGA adapter.

Strange thing.

• 5. Re: DH67BLB3 Hangs at RAID Screen
                  Webster Computers

This worked for us, thank you for saving us hours of frustration or from returning the board to intel!

Seriously though why can't the board autodetect the analog option?