Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Intel Display Power Saving Technology keep turning itself on after every reboot

idata
Employee

hi, thread title says it all i guess.

i'm talking about this option that can be found in the Intel Control Panel under Power -> Power Source "On battery"

i turn it off by unchecking the box right next to it and then i confirm my choice.

the option stays off until i perform a reboot. after a reboot the option turns itself on again for whatever reason.

this is confirmed by the fact that the backlight dimming that this feature provides stops happening when i manually disable it but keep occurring after every reboot, of course right until i disable it again.

i'm not sure if this behaviour is some kind of bug or is something that for whatever reason is only happening to me.

oh i must add that this is happening with both driver versions 15.22.50.64.2509 and 15.22.1.64.2361 in exactly the same fashion.

the graphic chip is the one integrated in the mobile i7 2630QM.

thanks in advance for any help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Well instead of waiting for an email i tried removing the computer manufacturers power saving program and that worked. Now when I restart my computer, Intel's Display Power Saving Technology does not reset so it looks to me like it was a conflict of power saving programs. I am not very fluent in computers nor am I claiming to be any type of professional, I am only stating that which seems to have worked for me

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

forgot to add: Windows 7 SP1, all udates installed.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

surely i can't be the only one experiencing this?

no one wants to give it a try and see if they can replicate the problem?

tia

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

not even one replay?

is this the wrong forum or somthing?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

far as I could find regarding this /message/136327# 136327 communities.intel.com/message/136327# 136327 I emailed acer as it is rather annoying and will let you know what I get back from them

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Well instead of waiting for an email i tried removing the computer manufacturers power saving program and that worked. Now when I restart my computer, Intel's Display Power Saving Technology does not reset so it looks to me like it was a conflict of power saving programs. I am not very fluent in computers nor am I claiming to be any type of professional, I am only stating that which seems to have worked for me

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

well, guess what? i have an Acer notebook too... and i have their power saving program installed also.

i'll take a look into it and will definitely contact Acer to let them know about the issue.

thanks Dave!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Try plugging in your laptop and then changing your settings...

also check your setting for your battery, in your O.S.

0 Kudos