1 2 Previous Next 28 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2011 4:02 PM by Flying_Kiwi

No audio output device installed in intel DG45ID desk top board!!!

aneeshkmp

Hello Friends,

i have terrible problems with intel DG45ID desktop boards working with windows vista 32. i am not being able to play audio and on the down right corner of the desk top it is shown that NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE IS INSTALLED with a red mark.

11.jpeg.jpg

more over, IDT audio driver which came with the desktop board is also consistantly showing as failed while attempting to install.

but when i clicked open the device manager and sound video and game controllers there is only one device listed intel high definition audio HDMI. when i went to the properties of high definition audio HDMI and clicked roll back option, the name of the high definition audio HDMI was changed in to High definition audio device. this time the red sign on the desk top down left disappeared but there was no volume.

each time driver update option in the properties of high definition audio hdmi was clicked the red sign  on the desk top reappeared and vice versa.

there is no yellow mark shown against the audio device in the device manager.

Can anybody help me fixing it????

• 1. Re: No audio output device installed in intel DG45ID desk top board!!!
          Flying_Kiwi

Hopefully the moderators can move this thread into the correct Desktop Boards forum but in the meantime you need to uninstall the IDT drivers (using your Windows Control Panel -> Programs and Features then Intel or IDT Audio) You can then reboot and go into the motherboards BIOS as soon as POST begins (press F2 repeatedly). Once you get in there, find the peripheral hardware menu (or something like that from memory) and disable the audio hardware then save out of there. When Windows boots up in this state there genuinely shouldn't be any audio capability because the sound codec on the motherboard has been disabled so if you still see any mention of Intel audio or similar in device manager, uninstall it from there!

You can then reboot and go back into the BIOS and re-enable the audio function - saving out of there. If Vista is anything like Windows 7, when the OS boots up it'll download its own drivers and use those. It would be a good idea to remain using those for the meantime because I have a hunch that some new Intel IDT drivers for this board won't be far away.... the current -186 revision drivers have issues which cause audio lockups when the S/PDIF Optical port is being used and this has been reported to Intel/is currently being looked at.

Hopefully installing the *next* latest and greatest Intel Audio driver for the DG45ID (should be with 2011 in the release date and not last year or earlier), should make the world of difference. Let us know how this goes (and mods can you please move this thread - thanks).

• 2. Re: No audio output device installed in intel DG45ID desk top board!!!
            aneeshkmp

Flying-Kiwi,

I have tried the methods prescribed you to regain the volume. And it did not prove to be helpful in my case. now there is a red mark on the volume in desktop with " no audio output device installed".

When i tried to download the IDT audio package suitable for my desktop board(DG45ID) from Intel, during the process of installation it said "please wait while the system updates the audio configuration" and then prompted to abort the installation saying that "the hardware dicteted is not supported by this IDT softwaer package"

In the device manager, under the sound menu, it is showing" Intel (R) high definition audio HDMI. when i tried to update the software through internet by right clicking the option against it, it is saying that "driver software for your driver is upto date".  But still there is no volume...

Any further suggestions to overcome this impasse??

• 3. Re: No audio output device installed in intel DG45ID desk top board!!!
              Flying_Kiwi

Is the audio actually enabled in the motherboards BIOS? The HDMI sound is actually a function of the graphics hardware/drivers so if the audio drivers aren't taking it may just be that the audio is disabled on the motherboard BIOS setup. If you go into the BIOS setup (repeatedly press F2 on the Intel Post screen first appearing) and load optimal defaults and save out of there that should enable audio.

When you go back into Windows have a second try at installing the DG45ID Audio drivers here is the version -186 package

I've never ran Vista on my DG45ID but Win 7 goes well on it (even if the current audio drivers do have issues - ones that don't affect your issue). BTW what CPU do you have installed on this board (it has issues with certain high end processors even using the last BIOS revision)? There is a workaround associated with the BIOS settings however.

• 4. Re: No audio output device installed in intel DG45ID desk top board!!!
                aneeshkmp

Hi Flying_ Kiwi,

The audio is enabled in the BIOS. Ihave even tried to load optimal defaults in the bios setup.But, still there is no audio.

As you had suggested, i tried to install the audio drivers from the link prescribed. But installation aborted by saying " the hardware detected is not supported by this IDT software".

In my device manager, i can only see Intel high definition audio HDMI as the only option cited under the catagory sound, video and game controllers; as opposite to anything given in the figure below in red mark

.Device_Manager.jpg

And my UPU is Intel core 2 duo.

any clues into the matter???

• 5. Re: No audio output device installed in intel DG45ID desk top board!!!
                  skumarskp

hai

There is no need of realtek audio drivers.Un install all audio drivers first then re-start your PC. Then open device manager and install by updating with original CD. If you not in hand send me a mail and i will give you the drive.My mail ID is skumarskp@gmail.com.My board is same as you.

• 6. Re: No audio output device installed in intel DG45ID desk top board!!!
                    Flying_Kiwi

Thanks for the further information. Have you tried running the Intel System Information Tool here ? This will tell you exactly what hardware is detected but if you do have a genuine Intel branded DG45ID board, your audio driver will not be Realtek ones but the Intel/IDT ones I linked to previously. I have attached a screen shot of the relevant parts from my system and I've circled in red the bits we need to know that your system will report. If you go to the above link and run it, what do you get where the red ovals are (note that you'll need to click on and expand the + sign next to Motherboard Information in order to see these details. One of the good things about the DG45ID (IMO) is that it doesn't have a scrap of Realtek hardware anywhere on it! The IDT drivers I linked to earlier WILL install IF you have a DG45ID (I know because I do have that board) so please double check that was the package you idownloaded and not something from elsewhere.Intel ID.jpg

• 7. Re: No audio output device installed in intel DG45ID desk top board!!!
                      aneeshkmp

Hi Flying_Kiwi,

Thank you for sending me the information. I have checked the Intel system information tool.

and according to that my desktop board is DG45ID with AA number: AAE27729-308.

And the rest is in the image given under..

MOTHERBOARD INFORMATION1.jpg

But, conterory to your built in driver option, mine says that the driver version is not decteted!!!

It is the IDT drivers from the Intel site that i tried to install on my system and not from realtek or anything. the figure that i cited in the earlier mail was a copy from the net to exemplify that there is no option of drivers shown in my device manager, in its position..

• 8. Re: No audio output device installed in intel DG45ID desk top board!!!
                        aneeshkmp

And same is the case with Graphic information catagory. it too says that " graphic driver version not detected.

GRAPHICS INFORMATION   1231.jpg

Is it a problem with hardware? how can i identify it?

• 9. Re: No audio output device installed in intel DG45ID desk top board!!!
                          Flying_Kiwi

I'm glad they're not Realtek drivers installed on your IDT CODEC board - that really would be miraculous. Please explain any future screenshots that aren't from your PC in advance because it will cause confusion otherwise! I'd like to know what the following page in Intel desktop Utilities says about your audio capabilities. If you don't yet have Intel Desktop Utilities installed, it's freely available on the download site for the DG45ID board and its easy to install.audio disabled.jpg

[EDIT] Additionally I note that your graphics drivers are not the latest and your BIOS revision is far from current. It'd also be worth updating these (although I doubt this is contributing to the audio problem).

• 10. Re: No audio output device installed in intel DG45ID desk top board!!!
                            aneeshkmp

Hello Flying_Kiwi,

Intel desktop utilities says that all the onboard devices are enabled!!

Here is the description.

desk top ut11.jpg

But under sound device description, instead of saying Intel high definition audio device as is seen in your figure, it just says HDA device...

• 11. Re: No audio output device installed in intel DG45ID desk top board!!!
                              fsofos

From the screen shot you have posted i see that you are on an older Bios Version (0077 Bios). I suggest that you first upgrade your board to version 0135 and then try to "combat" your SoundCard Problems. The following link points to the Latest Official Bios.:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2931&DwnldID=19845&ProductFamily=Desktop+Boards&ProductLine=Intel%C2%AE+4+Series+Chipset+Boards&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Desktop+Board+DG45ID&lang=eng

• 12. Re: No audio output device installed in intel DG45ID desk top board!!!
                                aneeshkmp

hi fsofos,

i have updated the bios. any way, the problem with my audio drivers does not seem to be linked with that...

• 13. Re: No audio output device installed in intel DG45ID desk top board!!!
                                  Flying_Kiwi

Well the plot thickens! Do you still get the same entries in Intel Desktop Utilities now you're using BIOS 0135? On mine the graphics entry also differs to what you reported. Mine reads Intel(R) GMA 4500HD Video Device but maybe that's down to your old graphics drivers. Just in case that's related to your audio problem, I suggest you update that to the latest Intel version as well it's available here and try installing the audio drivers again.

An important question I haven't received an answer to yet is when did this start and what changes were made prior to the problem? Does you post preceeding this mean you've again tried installing the latest drivers and you're still getting the same refusal to install problem? Are any front audio ports plugged into the motherboard and if so, were they connected as-is when it was all working fine (assuming it did all once work fine)?

• 14. Re: No audio output device installed in intel DG45ID desk top board!!!
                                    aneeshkmp

Hi,

i have upgraded the bios to 0135. after the upgradation of the bios i tried again to upgrade both the graphics media acclerator driver and IDT. when the media acclerator was installed, there was a notification at the right bottom of the desktop saying that the color scheme is changed into vista home basic while my OS is vista ultimate. then i had to go to the windows aero and change the scheme back to that of vista ultimate manually. Since then Intel desktop utility is saying that the graphic driver status is current while the graphic driver status still remains " not detected". 

Regarding the  IDT driver installation, it is again the same message that " hardware detected is not supported by this IDT software package".

this is the result after the upgradation of bios:

111.jpg

the problem with the audoi started abruptly onece i was running movies. And not with any change in the software. there was no changes made prior to it in software.

front audio ports are plugged into the motherboard and they were all working fine.

1 2 Previous Next