Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Dual Monitor Setting for application dialog boxes

idata
Employee

I am running dual monitor mode in Windows 7 64 bit with an Intel HD Graphics card. When I open some programs on my second monitor, the dialog boxes within those programs always open on my first monitor. I can't find a setting in the Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel to change this. I updated to the latest drivers before asking the question. Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Hi there!

Unfortunately, there is no way to control which programs will open on the secondary monitor once the extended desktop has been set. This is because some programs were developed to open on the primary monitor by default. Other programs don't have a screen preference and will just open on either display. Others will open in the same location in which they were running at last use. This is why some programs will only open on the primary display and others will open on the secondary display.

Thanks

Allan.

0 Kudos
TStel
Beginner

Nvidia allows customization of which screens dialog boxes open up on with their processor control panel. Why can't intel allow this seemingly simple function to make dual monitor mode more user friendly?

If Intel does not currently allow this; is there a workaround before you set the dual monitor mode?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Dialog-box-positioning-isn-t-preserved-on-dual-monitors.html Dialog box positioning isn't preserved on dual monitors | AutoCAD | Autodesk Knowledge Network

0 Kudos
TStel
Beginner

Any update on why Intel does not have a processor control panel to set options like other processors do?

0 Kudos