cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS not recognizing 510 SSD

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Just got the ASUS P8Z68-V PRO and an Intel 510 120GB SSD. I have a strange problem with the SATA 6 port 1.

Port 1: Will not see the Intel SSD, but will see a WD HDDPort 2: Will see the Intel SSD!

Why is port 1 not seeing the SSD but will see a WD HDD?

No RAID or IDE. It's all set to AHCIDVD is in port 6 all set to Hotswap except for DVD

I installed W7 64 onto the SSD using port 2 (shows as Disk 0 in W7) and it was all ok. Everything shows it is at 6Gb/s. It works 100% fine on Port 2 but no matter what I do it will not show up if I move to Port 1. Although Port 1 works fine for other devices.

The only thing I haven't tried is another SATA3 or SSD device on Port 1 because I don't have any.

Drive info:

510Model: Intel SSDSC2MH120A2FW: PPG4

Thanks for the help!

4 REPLIES 4

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Have you tested the SATA cable to make sure that is not the issue?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Here's an update. I tried a Crucial M4 CT256M4SSD2 256GB SATA III on Port 1 and the BIOS did not recognize it either! But sure enough it did see a plan old Western Digital HDD.

So I guess I can rule out the Intel 510 SSD as the issue. Now I wonder what is up with that port?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Are you using the Z68 chipset or the Marvell SATA 6Gb/s port?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for the help, totally appreicated but I think I got it figured out.

I was able to get another P8Z68-V Pro board to try and sure enough on the new board it worked fine! So I'm guessing I actually had a bad port on the motherboard, rare but those things do happen once and while. Glad that's over!