2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2009 11:24 AM by PetrM

s3200shv motherboard issues

Recently I purchased the above mentioned motherboard. This is now running in a test environment. I am using the machine to run VMware off of it. I am picking up very strange issues where the network connectivity drops and connects irratically.

I try to remote console on to the servers and it just drops the connections. I go to the server and look at the issues and fo no reason what so ever I see that my domain has dropped off. In the loggs I find that there are connectivity issues orruring check the network cable. My Nortel Switches are running normal and have no comms errors and network is stable.

The Operating system on the server is Windows 2003 Sp2. Running VMware 1.6.2 with one VM Machine on the server. ( Not using any resources) I have noticed that I can not load balance the machine as well.

Event error numbers are:

• 1053 ( Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. (The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted. ). Group Policy processing aborted. )
      • 1030 (Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy objects. Check the event log for possible messages previously logged by the policy engine that describes the reason for this.)

• 8021 (The browser service was unable to retrieve a list of servers from the browser master \\IMAINDC on the network \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{DEED3884-19E4-47C7-9990-30A61C670FE7}.
          • Browser master: \\MAINDC
          • Network: \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{DEED3884-19E4-47C7-9990-30A61C670FE7}

• This event may be caused by a temporary loss of network connectivity. If this message appears again, verify that the server is still connected to the network. The return code is in the Data text box.
        • 8032 (The browser service has failed to retrieve the backup list too many times on transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{DEED3884-19E4-47C7-9990-30A61C670FE7}. The backup browser is stopping.)
        • 40960 (The Security System detected an authentication error for the server cifs/<domain Controller.domain name>  The failure code from authentication protocol Kerberos was "There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request. (0xc000005e)")
        • 11197 (The system failed to update and remove host (A) resource records (RRs) for network adapter
        • with settings:

•    Adapter Name : {DEED3884-19E4-47C7-9990-30A61C670FE7}
        •    Host Name : <machine name>
        •    Primary Domain Suffix : <domain name>
        •    DNS server list :
        •      <DNS1>, <DNS2>
        •    Sent update to server : <?>
        •    IP Address(es) :
        •      <local IP Address> (this is a static address.)

• The reason the update request failed was because of a system problem. For specific error code, see the record data displayed below.

The DNS Servers for the rest of the domain have no errors on them and can see the rest of the domain. All other servers are running normally. Can some one shed some light on this for me please.