5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2011 1:43 AM by Intelovision88

DP67BG shuts off suddenly when powering up *SOMETIMES*

Intelovision88

Sometimes when I power up my system, everything goes on but just after barely a sec it shuts. 2 sec later it will power up automatically and boot.

CPU i5 2500

8GB RAM

GTX 460

2 WD HDDs

PSU is XFX Pro 750W (wayy enough)

• 1. Re: DP67BG shuts off suddenly when powering up *SOMETIMES*
          Ricardo_Intel

Hello,

Give it a try updating the driver specially the chipset driver : 9.2.0.1030 and Intel Management engine  driver : 7.1.20.1119. the IME usually checks all the hardware before starts wit he operating system and it may restart (just the way you explained) only once. We may be facing a corrupted Intel management engine driver, so is a good idea to update it,.

Best regards.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: DP67BG shuts off suddenly when powering up *SOMETIMES*
            rsnetto

Ricardo_Intel wrote:

Hello,

Give it a try updating the driver specially the chipset driver : 9.2.0.1030 and Intel Management engine  driver : 7.1.20.1119. the IME usually checks all the hardware before starts wit he operating system and it may restart (just the way you explained) only once. We may be facing a corrupted Intel management engine driver, so is a good idea to update it,.

Best regards.

Is this a BIOS update?

By the BIOS release notes, this version of Intel ME driver is available only with version 2053, which was problematic and removed from the downloads section.

I could not find references to "chipset driver" on BIOS release notes. Is this a software (Windows) driver?

My DP67BG also has this behaviour, but is relatively rare. It happens mostly when there is a hardware change (installing/removing card), but I have already seen it when there were no changes.

• 3. Re: DP67BG shuts off suddenly when powering up *SOMETIMES*
              Intelovision88

Mmm.. interesting I'll try that.

• 4. Re: DP67BG shuts off suddenly when powering up *SOMETIMES*
                SDouglas

rsnetto -

These are drivers available in the Download Center for the DP67BG board.  They are independent of BIOS versions. See the screenshot below (click on the screenshot to make it bigger).  However, I fail to see how these will make a difference since they are Windows drivers and, if I understand the OP correctly, he's seeing this behavior when he initially powers on the system -- long before the OS begins to load.

I've seen this same behavior with both of the DP67BG boards I've had -- one a version 305 and one a version 306.  There are so many other problems with this board and the associated BIOS versions that I haven't even gotten around to raising this issue with my Intel contacts to determine if it is a problem or considered "normal."

IntelDownloadCenter.png

• 5. Re: DP67BG shuts off suddenly when powering up *SOMETIMES*
                  Intelovision88

Updating the thread:

Re-installing the drivers listed above didn't help.