2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2011 3:42 AM by turmoil

DZ68DB USB 3.0 slows down to a halt

turmoil

Hello,

I have a single USB 3.0 device: iomega eGo 500GB 2.5" drive (RPHD-UG3).

When connected to the board's USB 3.0 ports at the back (using both ports to provide enough power to the drive), file transfers start at a healthy speed of 45-50MBps and within 20-30 seconds slow down to a halt, causing the copy process to freeze and forcing me to kill it. This problem does not exist when the drive is connected to the front USB 2.0 ports.

I tried updating the USB 3.0 controller driver to the latest version but the problem persists.

I also tried enabling the option "Disable USB 3.0 power management functions" in the controller utility but that made absolutely no difference.

Software/firmware versions:

USB 3.0 driver: 2.1.25.0

USB 3.0 firmware: 3025

BIOS: 0029

Intel Processor Graphics 2000: 8.15.10.2361

Chipset INF: 9.2.0.1021

How can I resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Turm.

• 1. Now rear USB stopped working altogether!
          turmoil

And, for the first time since I bought this board (about two months ago), all rear USB ports stopped working all of a sudden! Front USB ports worked fine. Shutting down the computer and powering back on resolved the issue. Until next time I presume.

A similar problem is described here:

http://communities.intel.com/message/138883#138883

As this seems to be a known issue (judging by the response of the Intel representative in the above thread), I would like to know if this problem can be resolved please as it is starting to be quite frustrating.

• 2. Re: Now rear USB stopped working altogether!
            turmoil

Seeing that over 800 people have seen this thread (by far my most popular thread in my 8 years of foruming history) I'm amazed no one has replied at all.

At any rate, the issue with rear USB 2.0 ports suddenly dying has not occurred since I opened this (very popular) thread, but what does happen on a daily basis is that the computer randomly won't wake from sleep by touching the USB keyboard (connected to a rear USB 2.0 port). When that happens, I am forced to press the power button to wake the computer, during which the keyboard takes a second or two to respond after the monitor displays an image (it actually misses keystorkes during those few seconds).

USB 3.0 issue persists.

Should I replace this motherboard under warranty (now six months left) or is there no point at all?

Thanks,

Turm