4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2011 9:56 AM by wabcito

CPU UPGRADE FOR A DELL MB by INTEL

wabcito

HI I HAVE A PC DELL DIMENSION 9150 AMERICAN MADE IMPORT TO MY MEXICO .

HAVE A MB DELL 0FJ030 CHIPSET INTEL i945P SOUTHBRIDGE 82801GB ICH7/R BIOS DELL A07

WITH A PENTIUM D 830 SMITHFIELD SOCKET 775LGA , 90 nm , CORE VID 1.404 PENTIUM D CPU 3.0 GH .

CAN I UPGRADE THE CPU OR IS THE END FOR MY DIMENSION ?

• 1. Re: CPU UPGRADE FOR A DELL MB by INTEL
          Flying_Kiwi

wabcito wrote:

CAN I UPGRADE THE CPU OR IS THE END FOR MY DIMENSION ?

What does the Dell website say about it? As it's an OEM board, it's down to them as to what upgrades are possible.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: CPU UPGRADE FOR A DELL MB by INTEL
            wabcito

only memory , hd , but not any cpu upgradable

• 3. Re: CPU UPGRADE FOR A DELL MB by INTEL
              Flying_Kiwi

Then that's the official line. If you're worried your PC is running slower than it was when new, that's normal over time and a fresh install of your O/S and software on a freshly formatted hard disk will get that same performance (and reliability) back again. You already have a fast clock speed for that type of Pentium D CPU and even the very fastest *of that type* of CPU wasn't much faster in real world use.

OEMs often provide a factory restore DVD or hidden restore partition with their PCs so if this option is available to you, that will be a quicker method of going about things to get some lost speed back. You'll need to back up all your valuable data if you use a full (format the drive) restore (the method I'd normally suggest).

• 4. Re: CPU UPGRADE FOR A DELL MB by INTEL
                wabcito

your answer ir correct , the double was not speedy , it`s more fast a core 2 xxxxxx. , the mobo was made for foxcomm , ( i read in the blog intel ) i don`t like formatted hd , it`s stupid erase hours and days of hard work of it and officce  , my dimension it`s very good too , with raid 1 , double monitor pcX16 , next i will buy another dimension or optiplex with 700 watts for four monitor  raid 10 . very thanks for your time . was my first time in a blog and was very useful . by from chiapas , mexico