2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2014 8:18 AM by kevin_intel

Problem booting PC with Windows 7 on it...

Ryking

Hi everyone,

Earlier I was playing a game on my PC and backing it up onto my external hard drive. While exiting the game, my PC froze and so I turned the computer off and started it up again. Now when I turn on the computer and it loads past the "Toshiba" and "AMD" intitial screen with the options F2 for setup utility and F12 for boot manager. Imediately following that, it goes to a black screen with white print that states the following:

"

Intel UNDI, PXE-2.0 (build 083)

Copyright (C) 1997-2000   Intel Corporation

For Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller v2.0.1.9(12/15/09)

Check cable connection!

PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel PXE ROM.

No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key

"

I kept my PC backed up on an external hard drive so it has various dates that I had backed up with it. I'm wondering what I am supposed to do now. Any suggestions are helpful.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Problem booting PC with Windows 7 on it...
          HayeZelem

Hi

I have boot problem , but main is i can not go in to bios to choice  boot order f2 , f12  or f8 do not respond and  i try the cmos battery discharge and ram too but the laptop is still say operating system not found i can not install from dvd and do anything please help how to go to bios setting to change boot order .i thank for all help in advance

• 2. Re: Problem booting PC with Windows 7 on it...

Hi Ryking,

I am sorry to hear you are having problems but let me help you with this.

Based on the information you have provided, from our side we can provide basic steps about the problem since you have an OEM system. Please do the following:

1. Power cycle your computer by removing the battery and pressing and holding the power button for about 20 seconds.
            2. Try booting into safe mode by pressing the F8 key. If you are able to access in safe mode a system restore to a previous point may help you on this situation.
            3. Make sure there are no devices connected to the computer.
            4. If issue persists, contact Toshiba for them to provide the necessary steps for your laptop or replacement of the unit if necessary.

HayeZelem,

Most of the times when this error appears is because a file of the Operating System is corrupted and therefore will not boot.

Please try the steps mentioned above as part of the steps we can provide for your OEM system.