2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2011 4:46 PM by guardian

how to extract chipset drivers for a winxp machine on a win7 machine

LithiumKid1976

im trying to slipstream some intel drivers into a nslite winxp image that im creating.

my machine is running win 7.

when i try to extract the chipset drivers for the win xp machine, it give an error saying, that its not the correct operating system, ie because im using win 7. i cant extract the files.....

is there a way to do this, or will i just have to do it on a windows xp machine ??

or is there a place i can download the extracted version of the files??

thanks..

• 1. Re: how to extract chipset drivers for a winxp machine on a win7 machine
          CrashControl

You can extract the files with an application such as 7-zip.    Alternatively, there is a zipped version of the chipset drivers available from the download center.  The name of the file is always infinst_autol.zip, and the most recent version as of this writing is 9.2.0.1030.

I'm  assuming that's what "chipset drivers" is  referring to in  your post.   You'll also want to be sure to include the  appropriate  mass storage  drivers if you intend to enable AHCI or RAID  mode  (recommended) and  install to SATA drive.  Intel offers "F6  floppies"  for exactly this  purpose in the download section along with  the  regular drivers.

You may want to check out driverpacks.net if you haven't already.

• 2. Re: how to extract chipset drivers for a winxp machine on a win7 machine
            guardian

Your reply really caught my attention when you mentioned "F6 floppies".  That's what I need, but I have a question first:

I'm trying to install XP onto an HP CQ56-115DX laptop.  Can you tell me which Intel chipset that laptop uses, or can you at least tell me which "ICH" file to select during the F6 process?

I've already tried all the ICH6 through ICH8 mobile choices.  None works and I get the BSOD.  I suspect it could be an ICH9 mobile situation, but so far I cannot locate an ICH9 mobile choice.

Thanks

ETA

Uh, sorry.  My mistake.  That laptop does not contain an Intel chipset.