Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7437 Discussions

Wireless Display Adapter not found

idata
Employee

On my Dell Inspiron I have the Dell Wireless display working fine, close the app, then close the lid, reopen it a minute later, click on Intel Wireless Display icon and when the app opens it comes up with "Wireless Display Adapter not found".

The only way I can get it to work again is to reboot the computer..

What is the solution to this problem. Dell can't resolve it and referred me to Intel and I have found no way to directly contact Dell support on this issue. They don't accept emails on the Wireless Display Adapter.

Jensor

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RKell3
New Contributor I

In device manager, network

Your wireless adapter, uncheck the box, allow the computer to turn off to save power.

Do NOT uncheck the boxes under Microsoft Virtual Miniport adapters.

Rick

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

In Device Manager I find:

Network Adapters, Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N1030, Properties, Power Management and find "Allow the computer to turn off power to this device" box is already unchecked.

So I'm still looking for a solution.

jensor

0 Kudos
RKell3
New Contributor I

The boxes can be unchecked for all of them except...

Microsoft Virtual Miniport adapter

Microsoft Virtual Miniport adapter# 2

The Microsoft Virtual miniport adapters need the boxes check, or they go missing.

Rick

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

After more expermentation I find that the problem occurs every time the computer goes to sleep.

If I reboot WI-Di works flawlessly.

As I mentioned previously, "Allow the computer to turn off power to this device" box is already unchecked.

Is this normal that one must reboot the computer to restore functionality once the computer entered nthe sleep mode and thereby enable the Intel Wi-Di function to operate?

Or is there a way to set it up so that Wi-Di will still operate after the pc has taken a nap (without a reboot)?

Jensor

0 Kudos