7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2011 3:20 PM by Flying_Kiwi

DQ67SWB3 PCI Serial Port install error

PeterVa

New MB with Windows 7 64 bit sp1 install. Downloaded all the newest drivers available from intel then applied all the OS updates. This driver install continus to haunt me. In the past i have found a Vista 64 bit driver to use for the DQ57Tm board to correct this but am a little bit cautius to try it with this new board.. Is this an order of install issue, or just get the correct driver on the site

• 1. Re: DQ67SWB3 PCI Serial Port install error
          Flying_Kiwi

PeterVa wrote:

This driver install continus to haunt me.

With the serial port enabled in the BIOS is there an unidentified device or problem device present? If so, grab the appropriate driver off the CDROM that came with the motherboard (since there isn't one on the Intel website). Are you using a serial port header cable wired the correct way (there are two types - straight through and cross wired, you'll need the latter if Intel have stuck with their usual way of doing things).

• 2. Re: DQ67SWB3 PCI Serial Port install error
            PeterVa

This not related to the serial port, but i did go into the bios to diable the serial port it did not correct the problem. As i build about 20 new systems a year using intel MB I have been very pleased with the product. As far as the install cd i never use it as i always get the most current drivers from the web site. I will browse the cd this weekend to see if there is a specific drive for this error

• 3. Re: DQ67SWB3 PCI Serial Port install error
              Flying_Kiwi

PeterVa wrote:

This not related to the serial port, but i did go into the bios to diable the serial port it did not correct the problem.

What SPECIFIC problem and how does it haunt you? Please provide full details/error messages etc.

• 4. Re: DQ67SWB3 PCI Serial Port install error
                PeterVa

I did dig up the Setup Cd that comes with the motherborad a and located the folder that has driver related to the problem. Under Software, drivers, IMEI which reloaded the intel Management Engine Software possibly some additional features that are not available with the update drivers. What i find interesting is that the updated Manufacture Web site drivers are different than those on the Cd. For now the problem is solved

Peter

• 5. Re: DQ67SWB3 PCI Serial Port install error
                  Flying_Kiwi

Glad to read your mystery (never clearly explained) problem has been resolved and that you know what to do should it recurr next time you perform a reinstall etc.

• 6. Re: DQ67SWB3 PCI Serial Port install error
                    PeterVa

There really is no mystery here the challenge is that the available web site drivers are not the same as the supplied drivers on the DVD. Yet intel will tell you that getting the most current drivers from their web site is the best solution.

• 7. Re: DQ67SWB3 PCI Serial Port install error
                      Flying_Kiwi

By mystery I'm referring to what the error message was and exactly what the 'install error' was thats mentioned in the thread subject line (install error covers lots of possibilities).

I agree that Intel should include ALL the drivers required for the board on their website - perhaps the fact a serial port driver isn't listed is an ommision they're not aware of?