4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2011 5:44 PM by Flying_Kiwi

d945pvs sata/raid with winXP

ccrb

I lost the drives on a D945PVS, and I'm having trouble reinstalling windows XP

I downloaded what I think are the F6 drivers  and there are four to choose from during the start of the windows install

ICH7R

ICH7MDH

ICH8R/9R/10R

I chose the first in the list (I couldn't find any docs that indicated which of the four drivers was the right one) and was able to format volume 0.  But after the format is completed, it comes up with

INSTALL INTEL MEDIA DISC ON DRIVE A

and it won't accept the same disc.

Can someone help me?

• 1. Re: d945pvs sata/raid with winXP
          ccrb

the fourth f6 choice was ICH8M-E

the message actually is:

INSERT INTEL RAPID STORE TECHNOLOGY DRIVER IN DRIVE A.

• 2. Re: d945pvs sata/raid with winXP
            Flying_Kiwi

Are you using the extracted files from STOR_all32_f6flpy_9.6.0.1014_PV.zip on a floppy disk (assuming you have 32 bit Win XP)? Have you reviewed what Intel say about the F6 installation process? The required inf should be there and you can find which one suits your chipset by reviewing the manual and specs for your board to determine which one applies.

• 3. Re: d945pvs sata/raid with winXP
              ccrb

thanks for the reply.  a previous office mgr tossed the manual, CD -- even the windows license sticker.  Ouch.  If I open the case, what revision codes do Iook for?

I downloaded two different zip files supposedly containing what I need.  They both contained 4 choices --- both different.  I found a choice that allowed the format but not able to get past the 2nd prompt.  Are you sayig I'm looking for an .INF file to put on the floppy?

• 4. Re: d945pvs sata/raid with winXP
                Flying_Kiwi

You'll need to source a Win XP installation DVD complete with the number/code you need to install it first (if necessary as a retail purchase). You shouldn't need to open the case if you're sure you have the model of motherboard you've already mentioned. The blue text parts I provided above are links to the relevant bits you need (in the case of the drivers) and that you need to thoroughly reveiw (in the case of the F6 installation instructions) - just click your mouse on the blue text parts to go to the relevant bits.

Let us know if you're still stuck are reading the links carefully.