Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Problems with AXX6DRV3GEXP

idata
Employee

Hi all,

i got some problems using the AXX6DRV3GEXP with 4x 1TB Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 (SATA) Harddisks.

They will work fine connecting them all discrete on an Adaptec 4805SAS / IBM ServeRAID 8s.

If i connect them through the AXX6DRV3GEXP, they will be detected with the SAS enclosure without any problems,

all seem to be fine. I could create / manage arrays etc, but while booting sometimes all HDD's would be dropped

by the backplane one after another ... at least the enclosure itself ... the controller will be listed empty in the

Adaptec Storage Manager

Sometimes erverything is fine, after Windows Server 2003 started up you can see the enclosure and the attached

HDD's in the Adaptec Storage Manager. First it will work normally, but suddenly the HDD's and the enclosure will

dropped one after another. The SAS Expander got the Firmware 2.17. All Temps in the SC5400BRP are fine.

There is an update out there to version 2.18:

===============================================

ISSUES FIXED

v2.18:

- AXX6DRV3GEXP (6BPE) backplane & SATA HDD fooline

what does "backplane & SATA HDD fooline" mean ?

anyone had the same or simmilar issue with the AXX6DRV3GEXP ?

greets

Andy

EDIT:

it's a typing error in the release notes from AXX6DRV3GEXP,

after i tool a look into the release notes from AXX4DRV3GEXP,

i found out that "fooline" means "offline":

ISSUES FIXED

===============================================v2.18: - AXX4DRV3GEXP Backplane & SATA HDD offline

so the mystic of "fooline" is solved and maybe an update to

2.18 will solve the behavior of the attached HDD's

0 Kudos
0 Replies