3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2011 4:48 AM by fincaman

Raid Drivers

fincaman

Hello all, I have two 120 gb OCZ SSD's which I want to use in raid 0 I have enabled raid in the bios of my Gigabyte EX58-UD5 motherboard and created the raid disc. My problem is that when I come to install win 7 pro I can't find raid drivers that will work, I have downloaded the latest from Gigabyte but they are not seen

Regards

Kevin

• 1. Re: Raid Drivers
          Jose_Intel

Windows* 7 should provide native support for your RAID controller.

In some cases, Extreme Edition motherboards have more than one RAID controller. Are you sure that you are using the Intel(R) ports?

Also, are the disks detected in non-RAID mode?

• 2. Re: Raid Drivers
            fincaman

Hello Jose, first of all I installed my SSD's in my computer formatted them and tested them, all fine. I then went into the bios of my motherboard and enabled and created a Raid 0 drive. I then started to install Win 7 pro, when it came to the point where it asks which drive to install windows on the raid drive is there, I chose that one, the problem starts when I get to the custom/express install screen, I have watched many instrutional videos on this procedure so I chose custom at which point you have to install raid drivers but despite choosing the folder that has the latest drivers from Gigabyte it says "no signed drivers". SATA ports 0-5 are Intel and I have my drives on 4 and 5 there are four more Gigabyte ports and you have given me an idea I might try these.

Regards

Kevin

• 3. Re: Raid Drivers
              fincaman

I connected my two hard drives to two of the non Intel Gigabyte sata connectors which don't need drivers on installation and it worked fine.

Thank's for your help

Regards Kevin