1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 15, 2011 11:58 AM by Diego_Intel

HD Graphics driver relationship with Sleep mode???

BigGrayGolem

I am having a lot of problems which appear to be related to upgrading the Intel HD Graphics drivers on my HP 2740p Tablet PC. System interrupts, CPU spikes, overheating. Rolling back the drivers to one version (all I can find) doesn't help.

I am having so many symptoms, not sure where to start posting, so let me start with this.

I disabled the Intel HD Graphics driver in Device Manager, and the problem appeared to have stopped. Everything was running back to normal for some time. Later, it began slowing down again, and the screen was "painting" itself, top down, very slowly.

One thing I notice, which may be a clue to the problem. When I disabled the HD Graphics drivers, the computer no longer offers an option for SLEEP, only shutdown. "Sleep" is grayed out. Restoring the drivers puts it back to normal.

What's the relationship between Intel's graphic drivers and power? I don't get it.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: HD Graphics driver relationship with Sleep mode???
          Diego_Intel

Hello,

Your computer requires the video driver to be installed in order to support part of ACPI options to set your system into a Sleep or Hibernate state.

Please keep in mind that Intel makes available generic versions of the Intel® graphics drivers. However, Intel always recommends that you check with your computer manufacturer and use the latest Intel graphics driver provided by your computer manufacturer.

Your computer manufacturer may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes in the drivers they provide for your computer. To avoid any potential installation incompatibilities on your computer, Intel recommends that you first check with your computer manufacturer and use the driver provided by your computer manufacturer.