1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 15, 2011 7:01 AM by Ricardo_Intel

DH67GD won't sleep

emueyes

Hi all

Recently I built a system using a DH67GD with an i3 2100 / 8G 1333 RAM as an entertainment unit. I installed Windows 7 64bit SP1, then installed all the latest drivers from the Intel site.

That all worked great, I did various CPU and RAM tests and it all looked fine.

Then I installed my aging PCI Xonar D2/PM, and now the system won't automatically enter sleep mode. It'll do so from the Start menu/Sleep command, but not from the timer in Power Management. The sound card itself works properly, as does the rest of the system, just no automatic sleeping.

I used the  Xonar Unified Drivers 1.41 which are modified from the Asus 1794 drivers, and I guess someone will tell me to uninstall them and use the official Asus drivers. I'm wondering though, if the inability to automatically sleep is a PCI bus issue that keeps the system awake.

The next step I guess is to remove the Xonar, install a PCI NIC (for axample) and see what happens, but I thought I'd ask first. I also seem to have had issues with power managment in every version of Windows that I've ever used (all of them...) so it may be that.

Any help appreciated

Rob