Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

2nd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 3000/2000

idata
Employee

Hi!

I have a very simple question...

if my notebook has that processor (the one i used as a title), the graphics would be built in, right?

now if that is the case,will that have the capability of screen rotation?

my OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

'coz when i tried looking it up http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-016829.htm here, it doens't include this model on where the screen rotation is applicable, or am I wrong?

thanks!!

0 Kudos
10 Replies
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

Rotation is supported with HD2000/HD3000.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

so basically Intel HD Graphics and 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 3000/2000 are the same...

and even though the screen rotate feature doesn't show that it applies to 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 3000/2000, it will still be available... is that right?

0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

HD2000 and HD3000 does have the same features, only that HD3000 is faster (not 6 but 12 execution units). Notebooks are sold only with HD3000. There is rotation for normal/90/180/270 degrees available in control panel and its working fine for me with HD3000.

The page is just not updated with 2nd generation Core i-x. Last Modified: 10-Aug-2010

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

thanks for the info... anyways I'll try to reinstall the OS first...

'Cause on my pc it doesn't give me an option for the rotate...

0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

Are you using generic drivers or OEM altered drivers?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Well i have an HP Dm4 notebook.

Everything came pre-installed, so i can say that it is an OEM altered driver.

I already tried uninstalling and re-installing the driver for the video card, but i still have the same problem.

0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

I Have a PC with dedicated LCD, maybe it doesn't work on a Notebook LCD. Just guessing.

http://www.computerbase.de/bildstrecke/32423/20/ http://www.computerbase.de/bildstrecke/32423/20/

In german but this is how it should look. (Drehung= rotation)

Or maybe it is OEM altered, then install a generic driver manually. What driver version are you using?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Well, I'm actually trying to use an external monitor as well...

I'm not quite sure yet what driver I'm using, but let me check first ok?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Is 2nd gen of Intel HD Graphics can output sonud/passthrough HD formats on DVI port ?

0 Kudos
JEFFREY_F_Intel
Employee

sometimes OEMs like HP disable features of the driver in order to simplify their own testing processes and/or to steer you to other (typically more expensive) products in their portfolio. Disabling rotation may fall in that category. If so, it may be possible to reenable it (at your own risk of course!) by examining the INF file for the driver and identifying which windows registry keys control enabling/disabling of the rotation feature and doing a little registry editing.

0 Kudos