Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

i7 2630QM short freezing problem

idata
Employee

Hi, i bought the new toshiba laptop Qosmio x770 with the i7 263QM processor.

I'm having a little 1-2 sec freezing, the mouse on the desktop while the freezing happens if i move it from left to right or in any straight line its moving, stopping, stopping moving stopping, so freezing like that, not tottaly freezing partical freezing. It happens in desktop, it happens in games. If i do nothing and go opening a new windw in chrome, or opening a new program it freezes like described above, not always, but more often and often. First i thought it was the memory, but i've tried other modules thas were 100% allright and there was the same problem, was checking the disk, nope still there. I'm now sure that the processors is causing the problem, i have 2 monitor graphs which i took picture when the partical freezing happens. I have windows 7 64bit.

What could cause the problem ?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

I've tried to disable intel turbo mode, thought that the turbo on/of is making this freezing, but the freezing was the same.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi

I have the same issue in my new laptop. I think the product company should replace the whole defective laptop itself. Did you find any solution ?

What I observed is that, just after the 2 or 3 second freeze, the processor meter reaches 33 to 46 % usuage in the meter. So it is not able to handle the load and hence freezes. Intel should replace the defective processor.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I found out what th eproblem was, it was mcaffe what comes preinstalled on the laptop, the antivirus+firewall of macaffe was choking the processor, just unninstal it and everything will be fine.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Do you hear a buzzing sound its not loud, u can only hear it when the laptop is working, and no other sounds are interrupting.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Oh is it. I have installed Mcafee as my Antivirus software. So which should I uninstall in this case? Only the which came with laptop? and is it possible to uninstall only that? Even I will check after going home.

Yes, it kind of 'rough' buzz sound. I see it happening when I am seeing videos onine, listening music online/locally stored songs(same with movie watching).

Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

And indeed, the mouse freezing for 2 to 3 secs is also faced by me

0 Kudos