1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 10, 2011 2:50 AM by Flying_Kiwi

Intel® Desktop Board DH61WW

cybernalin

i can't install XP on this mother board i try with different cd's XPSP2, XPSP2X64 and XP SP3 no luck... all cd's boot correctly and when it's ask to enter to install XP it's came up with BLUE screen but never had a problem with Windows 7 and Vista

System SPecification

Mother board:-   Intel® Desktop Board DH61WW

Processor:-       Core i3 2100 Processor

Ram:-               Gskill 2GB DDR3 ram

Harddisk           500GB samsung Harddisk

VGA                 on board VGA

How do i install xp on this machine bios all settings in default

• 1. Re: Intel® Desktop Board DH61WW
          Flying_Kiwi

Windows XP doesn't have built in AHCI drivers for the natural HDD configuration. If you manually configure your HDD controller (in BIOS setup) to Legacy (IDE) mode, these drivers shouldn't be needed but there are performance and functionality related disadvantages to this. Unfortunately the Intel Website doesn't currently list the required F6 installation diskette drivers on the product page for the DH61WW but they are available under 6 Series Intel Rapid Storage Technology F6 drivers here or perhaps on the media that came with your board.

You just press the F6 button early on in the Win XP setup and it will then ask you to install the required drivers. The driver download page refers to RAID (which your board is not capable of) but the same media contains AHCI drivers which your board is capable of. Does that help?