2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 15, 2011 5:04 AM by MadeOfMusic RSS

Connecting new Vaio CA to TV via HDMI results in BSoD

MadeOfMusic Community Member
Currently Being Moderated

I have a problem connecting my new Vaio CA to my TV through HDMI. I have returned it to Sony twice and they have said there is no hardware problem. Scouring the internet I have come across other people with the same problem, with suggestions of running the computer in Ubuntu, installing older drivers, doing a clean install of Windows (2 factory resets have not solved the problem).

When I attach the HDMI cable, it always automatically switches to Clone / Mirror mode. I can switch off the external display via FN+F7 or Windows+P, but attempting this through the Intel, Windows or Vaio settings always results in a crash. Selecting either Extended desktop or External only, through any method, results in a crash.

Whenever I attach the cable, the Vaio HDMI controls pop up for resolution selection, but 1080 is always unselectable. Any attempts at resolution change through Windows or Intel controls results in a crash. The first time I connect the cable after a factory reset, the built in display breaks up and jumps about.

Computer:

VPCCA2C5E
i7-2620M
Intel HD 3000 / AMD 6630M (switchable)
4GB RAM

TV:

LG 26LU5000.

I get various different bluescreen crashes, and there was no minidump file last time I checked. The crashes I have made a note of so far are as follows:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA stating 'igdpmd64.sys'

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXECEPTION stating 'dxgkrnl.sys'

BAD_POOL_HEADER with no file mentioned.

Is this a driver / Windows / external hardware problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points