6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2011 4:11 PM by Flying_Kiwi

    dg41cn

    jayesh1608

      Hi,

      1.      Configuration of my PC is D945GCNL motherboard, E4500 Core 2 duo Intel Processor, 1 Gb RAM,320 GB HDD with dual boot WinXP and Win7.

      But all of sudden it start hanging the PC, after troubleshooting i found motherboard D945GCNL is working with 3.4 GHz pentium 4 processor, and E4500 2.2GHZ core 2 duo processor is working with other motherboard,(D965, mercury).

      Can anyone tell where is the problem?

       

      2.     Mean while motherboard (D945gcnl) replace with New motherboard DG41CN and use my existing setup,  With this setup I am not able to boot the system. after POST cursor is blinking on the screen.

      after  disabling the core multithreading future in BIOS it boots up.

      where is the problem?

        • 1. Re: dg41cn
          Jose_Intel

          The first problem you are having is due to the fact that the Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo E4500 processor is not supported on the Intel(R) Desktop Board D945GCNL. You can confirm that here:

          http://processormatch.intel.com/CompDB/SearchResult.aspx?BoardName=D945GCNL

           

          In regards to the second problem, please be aware that it is always necessary when switching motherboards to install the operating system on a freshly formatted hard disk drive. In some cases the operating system retains certain configuration settings from the previous board, which can cause conflicts.

          • 2. Re: dg41cn
            Flying_Kiwi

            jayesh1608 wrote:

             

            i found motherboard D945GCNL is working with 3.4 GHz pentium 4 processor, and E4500 2.2GHZ core 2 duo processor is working with other motherboard,(D965, mercury).

            Can anyone tell where is the problem?

             

            2.     Mean while motherboard (D945gcnl) replace with New motherboard DG41CN and use my existing setup,  With this setup I am not able to boot the system. after POST cursor is blinking on the screen.

            after  disabling the core multithreading future in BIOS it boots up.

            where is the problem?

            Further to what Jose wrote, if the above means you're using the 3.4 GHz Pentium 4 CPU in the DG41CN, then that's also not a supported combination. http://processormatch.intel.com/CompDB/SearchResult.aspx?BoardName=DG41CN (nor is an E4500, for some strange reason, according to that page).

            • 3. Re: dg41cn
              jayesh1608

              yes,

              as per processor compatibility chart  E4500 core 2 duo processor is not compatible with D945GCNL motherboard, but this combination I was using from last three years and it was working fine.

              In another way if you search mating motherboard for E4500 Core 2 Duo processor then processor match shows that Found 0 Compatible Board(s) for Processor "E4500" how it is possible.

              • 4. Re: dg41cn
                Flying_Kiwi

                jayesh1608 wrote:

                 

                if you search mating motherboard for E4500 Core 2 Duo processor then processor match shows that Found 0 Compatible Board(s) for Processor "E4500" how it is possible.

                Intel made a processor that's not compatible with any motherboards (in which case I hope you got a phenomenal discount when you bought it)

                 

                 

                 

                 

                .... or.... do you think they may have failed to include that CPU in their compatibility engine for some reason and it's a mistake? Thanks for that

                Maybe Jose can arrange for the web based CPU compatibility engine to be fixed?

                 

                As far as your problem is concerned though, the suggestion of a fresh install is spot on. There's only so much that plug and play can compensate for with a new and different board and this could explain the problem. If you really need to keep valuable data which you haven't already backed up, maybe you can put the HDD in another PC as a secondary drive and copy it all off that drive before swapping it back and perfoming a clean, fresh install.

                • 5. Re: dg41cn
                  Jose_Intel

                  Thank you for your feedback on that website error. I will forward it to the website department right away.

                  • 6. Re: dg41cn
                    Flying_Kiwi

                    Jose_Intel wrote:

                     

                    Thank you for your feedback on that website error. I will forward it to the website department right away.

                    Dont forget I'd like a 10% cut in the extra sales of E4500 CPUs generated as a result

                     

                    Thanks for forwarding this issue to the web team