3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2011 2:56 AM by Flying_Kiwi

DH55TC latest bios update only displays vga resolutions

pescas

hi

i have a DH55TC with a Intel Core i5 661 and recently i updated my bios to version TCIBX10H.86A.0046.2011.0422.1617.

after the restart i can only get vga resolutions.

help me please,

nuno dias

• 1. Re: DH55TC latest bios update only displays vga resolutions
          Flying_Kiwi

Have you loaded optimum defaults in the BIOS setup since flashing the latest BIOS version? Have you updated to the latest Intel HD Graphics drivers (uninstall the existing ones in control panel first reboot and then install the new ones).

I note that even the pretty recent BIOS version you have is described on Intels website as 'Previously released' yet as of a few minutes ago, there's no 'current' version. Are you using the Intel graphics or do you have a discrete graphics card - if the latter, try flashing the BIOS again with the card removed and just using Intel graphics at the time. Then shut down and plug in the discrete card once you've got the onboard graphics working fine. What monitor is connected and do you have its driver installed?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: DH55TC latest bios update only displays vga resolutions
            pescas

thanks for help.

i removed my other video card, uninstall all the intel drivers, reinstall latest versions and it worked.

now it seems to be all ok.

cheers...

• 3. Re: DH55TC latest bios update only displays vga resolutions
              Flying_Kiwi

BIOS flashes on these boards where discrete graphics cards are installed seems to be the cause for many to post here (I recall a few similar posts) so for those in this situation I'd always recommend uninstalling the discrete cards drivers (using control panel) and then shutting down, unplugging the discrete card and then performing the flash update while using just the onboard graphics and no complicating factor present. Glad it's now resolved for you