4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2011 11:31 PM by Flying_Kiwi

DG41TX memory error with KVR1333D3N9/4G

alsbessa

It is a new board. I've installed a single Kingston DDR3 2GB Module KVR1333D3S8N9/2G and got the 3 bips (memory error).

I'm not sure it works with the S8 type modules, so I changed to a 4GB Module KVR1333D3N9/4G and had the same problem.

Does the DG41TX accept a single 4GB KVR1333D3N9/4G Module?

Should it have worked with the KVR1333D3S8N9/2G module?

Processor installed: Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 (1066 Buss Speed).

Thanks.

Message was edited by: alsbessa

• 1. Re: DG41TX memory error with KVR1333D3N9/4G
          Ricardo_Intel

Hello,

Base on the information the memory seems to be compatible with the board, even though the 3 beeps are related with a memory situation.

Try to clear the CMOS battery, taking the battery out for 10 minutes then put it back for in the same position, that way you will clear the setting on the BIOS to the default ones.

Try to test the board out of the chassis as could be a grounding problem between the board and the metal cabinet.

Finally test one of the memory sticks at the time in each of the memory DIMMs on he board and check the results.

Please take a look on the following link for detail information for the memory specifications:

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/dg41tx/sb/CS-031405.htm

• 2. Re: DG41TX memory error with KVR1333D3N9/4G
            Flying_Kiwi

alsbessa wrote:

Does the DG41TX accept a single 4GB KVR1333D3N9/4G Module?

Should it have worked with the KVR1333D3S8N9/2G module?

I note that you are attempting to use only one module. The Kingston Memory Configurator says you must use different modules to those you've listed with this model of board. Have a look for yourself from the Kingston home page (just select Intel and then type or select the board model number and hit search).

If you want 4 GB total (the max for this board) then KVR1333D3N9K2/4G 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 DIMM (Kit of 2)

or

KVR1066D3N7K2/4G 4GB 1066MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL7 DIMM (Kit of 2) would be the way to go as far as Kingston memory is concerned. Even in cases where manuals have mentioned one DIMM can be used alone (and yours doesn't seem to permit that), this is often problematic and (if it can be made to work) it will result in reduced speed. As you're considering the max this board is capable of anyway, you may as well just fill both DIMM slots up and be done with it. It's not as if any further memory upgrade would be possible. If you choose the former kit, that'll also give you freedom to overclock down the track if you so choose.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: DG41TX memory error with KVR1333D3N9/4G
              alsbessa

I have replaced the 4GB module by a Corsair 2 x 2GB XMS3 — 4GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit (TW3X4G1333C9). and it is now working.

This board does not work with a single 4GB module.

Thanks for the helpful information.

• 4. Re: DG41TX memory error with KVR1333D3N9/4G
                Flying_Kiwi

alsbessa wrote:

I have replace the 4GB module by a Corsair 2 x 2GB

Corsair - that's the brand I'm using successfully with my (different) Intel board. The specs look to be spot on for your board with this new purchase and I'm glad you now have it all working well together.