Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14509 Discussions

Blue Screen 0x00000101 I7 2600k

idata
Employee

Hi guys.I'm having a little big trouble with my new pc.I was having some blue screens with the Bccode 0x00000101 or "freezs".Then i went to google to search what it means this Bccode and i look it could be a problem with my processor.Could Somebody help me?

P.S my blue screen it's not CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT it's "A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval" and in bluescreen view logs it says that the file that cause the BSOD was atikmdag.sys

P.S 2 I'm sorry for my poor english.Brazilian guy =)

0 Kudos
12 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi,

Processors are very solid units and is difficult to have a faulty one, but is possible. Generally BSOD are related with software, drivers or OS. I suggest checking if the operating system that you are running is listed on the compatible OS for your board manufacturer, then check for the latest drivers and service packs and try to check for any known problem with this error code form the motherboard manufacturer.

Regards.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I am having the same problem - frequent blue screen of death with "clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor..."

The system is new with i7 2600K processor on a DH67BL m/b with 4 gB of Corsair 1333 memory. I have run the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool and memtest86.exe and no problems were reported. All drivers are the latest versions downloaded from the Intel web site. Windows 7 Pro 32 bit is installed with all updates to date and I am fairly certain that this O/S is compatible ;-)

Since YOU are the m/b and processor manufacturer, are there known problems that produce this error?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Intel doesn't have any reported problem like this so far, so is not a known issue.

Let me ask you this:

When the problem start? Did you make any changes on the BIOS configuration to video settings that could be related with the problem?

Do you see any activity related with the problem? Like when gamming, or running heavy applications?

What is the power supply wattage? This system requires a minimum of 460w power supply.

Are you using the onboard video or an external video card ?

How often do you see this error? Every hour? Every 10 minutes? Any approximation?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I Have same problem.

Win 7 64bit

Intel i3-2100

Intel Desktop Board DH67BL

power supply 400W

No PCIe Graffix, no OC, alle AUTO or standard, no BIOS changes.

In all i'w got it 4 times, 3 times on maps.google.com StreetView.

Brand new PC max 100 houres.

I also have a 2500K also with 400W power supply when OC (4200Mhz) and max loaded it only use 171-174W.

For det howl system. And that have no problems at all. More than 150 houres heawy loaded(Matlab program).

Please help.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Try a BIOS update to the latest version (0125) and then check the version on the BIOS screen (F2 during boot).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Ok.I've tried to set voltage to 1.23v,when windows finished booting and i was loggin in to my account.BSOD again.I don't have any idea what i can do more.I give up.I spend ~2500$ in a computer that i can't use.Please could someone help me??

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Bccrimi wrote:

Hi guys.I'm having a little big trouble with my new pc.I was having some blue screens with the Bccode 0x00000101 or "freezs".Then i went to google to search what it means this Bccode and i look it could be a problem with my processor.Could Somebody help me?

P.S my blue screen it's not CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT it's "A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval" and in bluescreen view logs it says that the file that cause the BSOD was atikmdag.sys

P.S 2 I'm sorry for my poor english.Brazilian guy =)

The indicated file has something to do with the ATI Radeon video card. For additional info regarding this problem you might consider going to microsoft's website Microsoft Answer forum and search "Blue Screen 0x00000101" where it is thoroughly discussed.

Message was edited by: Boyet

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Ok.I've sent my motherboard to the vendor and he said that i'ts all ok with my motherboard (Maximus IV Extreme-Z).He used in it a I7 2600k (the same of mine) and everything worked.So,any idea?I'm going to RMA my CPU and VGA because it seems that they are causing all my problems.It could solve?

0 Kudos
RGiff
Honored Contributor I

Exactly what Ram are you using , if you read X16 Ram is not supported , Ive seen alot of people Miss this Problem.

0 Kudos
RGiff
Honored Contributor I
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'm using 4x @ 2000Mhz Corsair Vengeance with a total of 16Gb.I will send my processor to RMA because i'm shure it is faulty.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Guys,

I had this issue a week ago, started after I had a win update the comp would get stuck once every 24 hours and it was getting worse,

Comp Spec:

i5-2500

DH67BL

G. Skill Sniper 2*4GB

1TB WD black caviar

win 7 64 bit

Performance seemed to be ok, except core no. 4 working harder than the rest.

I have checked the HD just in case with WD software also no issue there.

Next I have updated the BIOS and voila, even the core thing got solved.

0 Kudos