The problem was that the ISO file was partially corrupt, so the update program would launch and instead of crashing it would fail to update the firmware and give the pre release firmware error. Nathalie R. in support sent the the file size for the key program in the iso (issdfut.exe) that I noticed the problem. Win764bit burns the iso file and this file becoms 877kb whereas the original file is 1.4mb. Surprising the program ran and the pre release firmware error was a false lead. Using WinRAR, I extracted the issdfut.exe file from the iso and copied it to a bootable USB stick. then I ran the executable file and the firmware updated .