Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14506 Discussions

Intel Core i5 2500k 3.3Ghz | Very Very Hot

idata
Employee

Olá.

Sou de Braga, Portugal.Há 30 dias atrás, comprei um computador que tem o processador Intel Core i5 2500k.Esse computador foi comprado por componentes à minha escolha e foi montado na própria loja onde as comprei.Acontece que o processador em 100% Load atingiu os 98ºC de temperatura.Em principio foi detectado uma falha na instalação do cooler do processador.Foi enviado para a loja para reparação.Voçês acham que depois das temperaturas que o processador atingiu continuará a ser o mesmo ou devo exigir a troca por outro novo visto que foi um erro de montagem?Será que com estes aquecimentos que levou vai reduzir a vida útil do processador?Obrigado ____________________________________________________________________ English traduction Hello

I'm from Braga, Portugal.

There are 30 days ago, I bought a computer that has the Intel Core i5 2500k.

This computer was purchased by components of my choice and was mounted in the store where purchased.

It turns out that the processor at 100% Load reached 98 º C temperature.

At first it was detected a failed installation of the CPU cooler.

He was sent to the shop for repair.

Do you think that after the temperature reached the processor will continue to be the same or should I demand the return with a new one because it was an assembly error? Does that led to these heaters will reduce the life of the processor?

Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RGiff
Honored Contributor I

Check in the BIOS your voltage for the CPU may be too high??

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Your CPU has an internal temperature protection that throttles the load or shuts it down completely before overheating. I believe that in your case the heatsink was not mounted correctly or the heat paste was not applied correctly (maybe not at all?). After repair, ask the shop to run a CPU stress test, e. g. Intels tuning utility which it should master for 1 hour without failures.

0 Kudos