2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2011 6:28 PM by mechbob

DP45SG - Windows XP Registered - Wont Restart after shutdown

iamjani2k12

Hi,

I received new replacement board intel DP45SG from your bangalore office in india cupple of days before, I faced the follwing issue on my board, my system wont restart after my system shutdown using option via XP start ->shutdown option, and also faced same problem when ever we update any new software or windows update at that time we need to restart the system that time also its not working.

System Configuration:

Intel DP45SG

Intel due core processor

DDR3 RAM

Windows XP OS

1TB  HDD

I tried with all other options like battery replacement, OS reinstallation,Processor remove and fixed again, power cable remove and fixed again, Lates Bios updation also.

Kindly give the solution for this issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Janarthanan.V

• 1. Re: DP45SG - Windows XP Registered - Wont Restart after shutdown
          Flying_Kiwi

iamjani2k12 wrote:

Kindly give the solution for this issue.

One of the few things you've not tried - a different PSU. You should also ensure all of the latest drivers for your motherboard are correctly installed. I'm also assuming your unspecified 'Dual core' CPU is listed as compatible with the board (even though it may pluig into the board, that does not guarantee compatibility - especially with newer CPUs on older motherboards or vice versa). You can check CPU compatibility on this motherboards support section of the Intel website.

I've experienced such issues in the past with another motherboard after having changed the PSU, with the original PSU, there wasn't a problem. Does whether the PC is warm (has been running for a while) make any difference to this behaviour - it did for me. You may have to trial different PSUs as even though a PSU may be to spec, these things can be temperamental so make sure your supplier understands this (or is willing to test the PSU they install on the PC for you).

• 2. Re: DP45SG - Windows XP Registered - Wont Restart after shutdown
            mechbob

What Ram are you using ??   DDR3-1333-10600 or 10666 ?