6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2012 3:32 PM by matt1983

Dh67BL with Viewsonic VA2231WM VGA

spicard

Hi all,

This is my first post here, i'll try to describe my problem the best as i can.

I have a DH67BL motherboard with the Viewsonic VA2231WM screen. The optimal resolution for that screen is 1920x1080.  The Optimal resolution work with a DVI cable, but not with the VGA cable. When i select the resolution (1920x1080) in VGA mode, it's say ''Out of Range''.As soon as i use the VGA connector on the screen, it's not working.

I tryed different things to solve the problem. I tryed with a DVI and VGA cable (one side DVI and one side VGA) and it's not working. I tryed with another VGA to DVI adapter, another VGA cable, nothing to do. I tryed with different video card, (Nvidia EN 210) and it's working fine, i can use the 1920x1080 resolution in VGA mode. All my drivers are up to date with the intel website. I also tryed a older graphics driver, not working.

Look like there a kind of compatibility problems between the DH67BL and the Viewsonic VA2231WM screen. I'm a computer reseller and i would like to find the problem, i don't have only 1 PC with that problem, i sell alot of DH67BL and Viewsonic screen. I did a search on the forum to see if there is any other topic about that problem and i found nothing. I did not called Intel yet, i tought would be cool to try here first.

Edit: Forgot to mention i have Windows 7 Home Premium 32bits.

Thanks alot for help!

Simon

• 1. Re: Dh67BL with Viewsonic VA2231WM VGA
          CarWiz

That board doesn't support VGA. It has DVI or HDMI output. Time to move into the 21st Century. Use a DVI cable. Be sure to select DVI input in your display's OSD options and connect to the DVI input connector.

Viewsonic-VA2231WM.JPG

Message was edited by: CarWiz - Added drawing

• 2. Re: Dh67BL with Viewsonic VA2231WM VGA
            spicard

Hi Carwiz,

First of all, thanks for your answer. Unfortunatly, your answer don't help me. The answer just bypass my problem. I already know that a DVI cable is working. And i'm already to 21st Century!!

2nd thing, go see that document http://downloadmirror.intel.com/19487/eng/DH67GD_DH67BL_TechProdSpec.pdf (DH67BL specs) page 21, here what you will see:

bl.jpg

That board SUPPORT vga connection. Using a VGA to DVI adapter, should work.

Here the specs of the screen: http://www.viewsonic.com/assets/082/17461.pdf

viewsonic.jpg

See in the compatibility section : VGA up to 1920x1080 non-interlaced. So it should work.

I finally call Intel and sent me 2 links to install a ''special driver'' that supposed to work but it's now working. They already had those kind of problems with somes board.

I know i could put a DVI cable, but the thing is i sell those screen and they come with a VGA Cable Only, so i don't want to sell DVI cable to each customer i sell that screen and that motherboard. Sometimes we (me and other employees) will forget to give them the cable and they will have to come back to get the cable.

Well i'm going to call back Intel today about that, i will do a follow up here in that topic, in case there someone else who have the same problem. Don't hesitate to post if you think you have the solution to my problem.

Edit: I tryed with another screen (Samsung Screen) and it's working fine, so the motherboard can definitly do it. I also tryed on Windows Xp with the Viewsonic and it's not working.

Thanks alot!

Simon

• 4. Re: Dh67BL with Viewsonic VA2231WM VGA
              CarWiz

Hold on.... It finally hit me that the DVI port on the board is a DVI-I port. Which means that the analog signal pins should contain RGB and H/V sync for VGA. My sincere appologies. If that's the case, then your cable may be the cause or a BIOS option needs set.

• 5. Re: Dh67BL with Viewsonic VA2231WM VGA
                spicard

Hi Wiz,

Thanks for trying to help me. Yeah that's what i was about to say after i read your post, this is a DVI-I connector. I can confirm, there is no VGA port on that motherboard. Like you said, it seems that the PDF file (motherboard specs) is not up to date. I tryed the Viewsonic LCD VX2450WM-LED model and it's working fine for both, VGA and DVI. I can do resolution of 1920x1080 with the DVI-I port. Also tryed with a Samsung screen, work fine.

I spoke to one of my collegue here (where i work) and he remind me that we already had those kind of problems few years ago with Intel Motherboard and Viewsonic Screen. A Bios update who came few months later solved the problem so i guess it will be the same for my problem right now. The problem is like the screen can't talk correctly to the motherboard (both way). With the VGA cable plug-in (with adapter) when i got in the screen resolution option, the screen is define like ''Generic Non Plug-And-Play Monitor''. When i try to install the screen drivers, they don't find the screen. When i use DVI Cable, the screen is detected as it is: ''Viewsonic VA2231WM''. Look like the motherboard cannot recognize which screen it is.

I just received an email from Intel (i sent them the post link) and the guy who answered me told me that because there is no VGA port on the motherboard, they don't support it and they don't recommand it. I'm not really satisfied with that answer.

For people interested, i had the problem with all the Viewsonic who are in the Value Serie. I tryed with VA2231wm, VA2431WM, VA2223wm.

Thanks alot for help, i will continue to post here about that when i will have news.

Simon

• 6. Re: Dh67BL with Viewsonic VA2231WM VGA
                  matt1983

I have the same problem with a Viewsonic VS11307 (DVI-D Single).  I'm running it now using a live usb stick running Fedora Core 16.  I cannot get the screen to come on until the operating system loads and it won't boot from the hard disk for some reason.  Because of this, I cannot even access the bios.  I choose this board mainly for the butil-in graphics.  Now I will have to buy a new monitor or graphics card.

June 2012: Update-- the latest firmware fixes this problem. The flashing process was painless and I'm very happy to see how responsive Intel is to its customers' needs.